Tractor
    B2400

Default Alternator Upgrade Parts Help

Hi Everyone,
    First off, awesome site tons of great info. Secondly, I'm a proud owner of my first tractor. B2400HST. I decided to upgrade the fisher price alternator that came with it and purchased 40amp on eBay. Took everything apart this morning and found it wasn't an easy swap. I guess from looking at some older posts I need to purchase a few things.

Does anyone have a parts list of everything need to upgrade the alternator? I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, separate question. Is there any way to keep the loader pins from coming out all the time? I need to kick them in after every 30 mins or so.

Thx, Joe

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Default Re: Alternator Upgrade Parts Help

Welcome,
    pictures would when you talk about loader pins, bucket or main loader??
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Not sure what they have on the B2400 for a regulator but i did the conversion on my BX2230. Since the dynamo use a shunt type regulator and the alternator has an internal, it needs to be removed and then a harness plugs into that connector and goes to the alternator. I also think that there is a wire that goes from the output terminal of the alternator to someplace in the harness. You also need to get the bracket for adjusting the alternator and the proper spacers to line the pivot point up to the belt. You may also need a different size belt but not sure about that one.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    B2400

Thank you. I found a list on a different thread. Still not sure about the loader pins. I will start a different thread.