Alternator Upgrade Parts Help

/ Alternator Upgrade Parts Help #1  

joenchen

Tractor
B2400
Hi Everyone,
First off, awesome site tons of great info. Secondly, I'm a proud owner of my first tractor. B2400HST. I decided to upgrade the fisher price alternator that came with it and purchased 40amp on eBay. Took everything apart this morning and found it wasn't an easy swap. I guess from looking at some older posts I need to purchase a few things.

Does anyone have a parts list of everything need to upgrade the alternator? I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, separate question. Is there any way to keep the loader pins from coming out all the time? I need to kick them in after every 30 mins or so.:mad:

Thx, Joe

/ Alternator Upgrade Parts Help #2  
Welcome,
pictures would when you talk about loader pins, bucket or main loader??
DevilDog

/ Alternator Upgrade Parts Help #3  
Not sure what they have on the B2400 for a regulator but i did the conversion on my BX2230. Since the dynamo use a shunt type regulator and the alternator has an internal, it needs to be removed and then a harness plugs into that connector and goes to the alternator. I also think that there is a wire that goes from the output terminal of the alternator to someplace in the harness. You also need to get the bracket for adjusting the alternator and the proper spacers to line the pivot point up to the belt. You may also need a different size belt but not sure about that one.

David Kb7uns

/ Alternator Upgrade Parts Help
Thank you. I found a list on a different thread. Still not sure about the loader pins. I will start a different thread.