Question for BX2750D snowblower owners

/ Question for BX2750D snowblower owners #1  

Rfisher7381

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Just installed my new blower (purchased late spring 2011) on a BX2360 today. When I engage the PTO I hear a fair amount of noise from the area by the chain reducer. Not grinding or squealing. More of a moderate howling. From the front of the unit It is much less noticeable so I don't think it is the second stage auger rubbing on the housing. I took the guard off and checked things over. Nothing appears wrong. The chain seemed very tight so I did loosen it slightly but that didn't make any difference. Can anyone who has this unit comment on how yours sounds? Thanks

/ Question for BX2750D snowblower owners #2  
My bx2750 makes the same noise I beleive it is caused by the fan moving air at a high rate. Kinda sounds like a whirling noise

/ Question for BX2750D snowblower owners
Thanks for the feedback. Ran it again and it definitely makes a howling noise but it's probably just all the moving parts, plus the second stage wheel is moving a lot of air.

One other question. When lowering the blower to the ground do you advance the lever to the float position?

Thanks

/ Question for BX2750D snowblower owners #5  
Thanks for the feedback. Ran it again and it definitely makes a howling noise but it's probably just all the moving parts, plus the second stage wheel is moving a lot of air.

One other question. When lowering the blower to the ground do you advance the lever to the float position?

Thanks
Yes. Life is much simpler that way. If you miss float you will raise the front of the tractor.