Snow pusher.

/ Snow pusher. #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Seeking opinions gentlemen. I have a GL 3540 hsdc, turf tires, 724 fel and a kubota weight box full of 3/4" stone. The machine weighs in @ approximately 6000 lbs. I hate to buy a 6' pusher if the machine can handle an 8' pusher. 6' weighs 400 lbs, the 8' weighs 500 lbs.

/ Snow pusher. #2  
I have been using a 6 foot pusher on a Ford 1510 for years. This is a much smaller tractor. The 3540 Kubota has more horsepower and is much heavier. It should handle the 8 foot without any problems. Just cannot make turns with much snow in the pusher. I have gone to an L3240 with a front mount blower but still have the 1510 with the pusher.

/ Snow pusher. #3  
Definitely go with the 8 foot, the whole idea of those boxes is to cover more area to speed up snow removal. If you were seriously considering 6 foot, just get a 6 foot high volume bucket. It would do almost the same pushing and be versatile to use for other things.

I'm not always in the bigger is better camp, I usually feel snow plows should be smaller than some I've seen here on peoples tractors. But the pusher box is a single use specialty implement, just used to get as much snow to the other side of the parking lot in the shortest amount of time, typically used in conjunction with a loader to pile the snow back.

JB

/ Snow pusher. #4  
I have a DK45HST but im unsure of the exact overall weight of the tractor. I run R4 tires and chan up all 4 with 2 link ladder chains. Im running a 84" front blade and it works very well. I really think i could have gone with a 8' blade, but everyone told me that would be too much for my 45HP. who knows. I personally think it could have done it now that ive used it. But maybe that would have stressed the FEL too much. who knows

/ Snow pusher. #5  
I have a DK45HST but im unsure of the exact overall weight of the tractor. I run R4 tires and chan up all 4 with 2 link ladder chains. Im running a 84" front blade and it works very well. I really think i could have gone with a 8' blade, but everyone told me that would be too much for my 45HP. who knows. I personally think it could have done it now that ive used it. But maybe that would have stressed the FEL too much. who knows

Big difference though, pushing an 8 foot box (with sides) full of snow and pushing a plow, especially angled.

JB

/ Snow pusher. #6  
Big difference though, pushing an 8 foot box (with sides) full of snow and pushing a plow, especially angled.

JB
Thats true enough. Mine has swinging sides that i can set in place to make it a pusher. I tried it just to see, and it does take way more power to push that.

Luckly i dont have to do any of that here.....can pile on side or blow it away.

/ Snow pusher. #8  
just bought 8' Scoop Dogg snow box pusher. 39" tall 37" deep. 950 lbs. for Kioti DK50. Loader lift is fine. Pushing heavy snow straight is my concern. Starting to think I should have bought the 31" tall. Anyone used one with 50hp tractor? I am thinking I might have more than I can chew.

/ Snow pusher. #9  
Lawn King,

Have you examined a snow wing from HLA Snow?

Oops...sorry. After checking the site they need more HP.

/ Snow pusher. #10  
i have a b3000 with 6ft scoopdogg qt. the 30 hp works great on the fel never had a power issue:thumbsup:i love it!!!! cut time in half, but thats not always that fun:laughing: