Ballast RV antifreeze to load my tires

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #1  

oklandist

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Hi all,

Just got my BX25 on Friday last week. I have reading this forum for the last coupe of days. Thanks to all who have posted, I have learned a lot in a couple of days. My question is, can you load your tires with RV antifreeze? I have turf tires and running a front end snow blower. I don't see alot of people talking about using it. My dealer said not to load my tires, but to buy wheel weights (he is charging 80$ for a pair of 50 lbs wheel weights). The other question, is that the manual say not to load your tires with the backhoe attached. Is there a reason for that?

thanks

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #2  
Yes you can load your tires with a water and RV anti-freeze mix. Mine have been for the past 11 years. Do a search, many have describe the process.

You will have to use your own judgment as far as Kubota's warning goes. They give the same warning on all the TLB's and I believe the cab equipped tractors also. My manual actually says not to load the tires with the backhoe on and to load them when you remove the backhoe. Can you imagine doing that each time. One of the dumbest things I have ever read in a manual. It is my belief that is one of those things the legal department add for liability reasons. Kind of like the sticker that says not to put you hand under a mower if the blades are running.:confused2:

MarkV

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #3  
I loaded the turfs on my new BX2360 this year, same machine as yours, less BH. I'm not happy with the lawn and tire marks, but I'm hoping it being a very wet year that problem will go away in future years with normal rainfall.

I'm thinking if I had it to do over I would first get a weight bucket for the 3 point, rather than fill the tires. Fill it with sand or concrete and being able to take it off when mowing/on when using the FEL. On your machine the 3 point is an option. If you mow with it consider this option too.

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #4  
i have rv antifreeze in most of my tractor tires that I loaded..

soundguy

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #5  
Actually RV antifreeze is a misnomer, it will freeze at some point. It just doesn't expand and break things;)

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #6  
I loaded my tires with RV anti-freeze, be careful about diluting it though, it doesnt take much water to raise the freezing point. Of course that depends on how cold it gets where you live. There are charts on the web to help you with that idea. I put the stuff straight from the jug in to mine. 24 gallons per tire, and added 1 gallon per tire of water.

James K0UA

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #7  
all af mixes eventually freeze.

the misnomer is that it is actually holding tank AF.. etc.

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #8  
The op doesn't say where he is. I wouldn't do it around here. I've left jugs of RV antifreeze outside and they'll freeze solid in the single digits. As someone else and the jugs say, it's burst protection, not freeze protection.

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #9  
as with any ballasting or AF use. Mix according to the temps in your region.

if the premix rv af is not strong enough.. go buy some pg and mix it till it's right.

/ RV antifreeze to load my tires #10  
We winterize our own camper and my son's each year. I've always used a pre-mix that cannot be, or should not be diluted.