Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default RV antifreeze to load my tires

Hi all,

Just got my BX25 on Friday last week. I have reading this forum for the last coupe of days. Thanks to all who have posted, I have learned a lot in a couple of days. My question is, can you load your tires with RV antifreeze? I have turf tires and running a front end snow blower. I don't see alot of people talking about using it. My dealer said not to load my tires, but to buy wheel weights (he is charging 80$ for a pair of 50 lbs wheel weights). The other question, is that the manual say not to load your tires with the backhoe attached. Is there a reason for that?

thanks

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Default Re: RV antifreeze to load my tires

Yes you can load your tires with a water and RV anti-freeze mix. Mine have been for the past 11 years. Do a search, many have describe the process.

You will have to use your own judgment as far as kubota's warning goes. They give the same warning on all the TLB's and I believe the cab equipped tractors also. My manual actually says not to load the tires with the backhoe on and to load them when you remove the backhoe. Can you imagine doing that each time. One of the dumbest things I have ever read in a manual. It is my belief that is one of those things the legal department add for liability reasons. Kind of like the sticker that says not to put you hand under a mower if the blades are running.

MarkV

Bronze Member

I loaded the turfs on my new BX2360 this year, same machine as yours, less BH. I'm not happy with the lawn and tire marks, but I'm hoping it being a very wet year that problem will go away in future years with normal rainfall.

I'm thinking if I had it to do over I would first get a weight bucket for the 3 point, rather than fill the tires. Fill it with sand or concrete and being able to take it off when mowing/on when using the FEL. On your machine the 3 point is an option. If you mow with it consider this option too.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i have rv antifreeze in most of my tractor tires that I loaded..

soundguy

Actually RV antifreeze is a misnomer, it will freeze at some point. It just doesn't expand and break things

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I loaded my tires with RV anti-freeze, be careful about diluting it though, it doesnt take much water to raise the freezing point. Of course that depends on how cold it gets where you live. There are charts on the web to help you with that idea. I put the stuff straight from the jug in to mine. 24 gallons per tire, and added 1 gallon per tire of water.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

all af mixes eventually freeze.

the misnomer is that it is actually holding tank AF.. etc.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH2120 RTV500 Bobcat S250

The op doesn't say where he is. I wouldn't do it around here. I've left jugs of RV antifreeze outside and they'll freeze solid in the single digits. As someone else and the jugs say, it's burst protection, not freeze protection.
    Tom

Tractor

as with any ballasting or AF use. Mix according to the temps in your region.

if the premix rv af is not strong enough.. go buy some pg and mix it till it's right.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

We winterize our own camper and my son's each year. I've always used a pre-mix that cannot be, or should not be diluted.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast