Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #11  
I think what he's saying is that his was factory set to the highest RPM extreme, & he adjusted it to the far other end, i.e. the lowest RPM extreme. That's what I did (almost), too. I think there may be 1 or 2 turns more that I could've moved mine to make the RPM's even lower when pushing the HST pedal with Auto Throttle Advance engaged ... but I'm happy with mine where it is.

Mine came from the factory with the cable adjusted all the way and it still revs way to high with very little peddle movement.:confused2::mad:

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #12  
Mine came from the factory with the cable adjusted all the way and it still revs way to high with very little peddle movement.:confused2::mad:

Maybe you need to adjust it all the way the other way? :confused3:

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #14  
OK I am confused:confused2: which way did you adjust yours to slow it down if it was already moved back.:confused:

Thanks "beppington", that's is what i meant.

Depends on whether you are thinking of the nut or the threads. My threads were all the way rearward of the nut, so I moved the threads forward of the nut to loosen.

Point is - you move the threads to loosen the cable. It will be visible + you can feel it with your fingers.

Make sure you are adjusting the right cable. It is the one that doesn't move when you move the throtle pedal with your hand.

Made a big difference.

Good Luck.

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #15  
Thanks "beppington", that's is what i meant.

Depends on whether you are thinking of the nut or the threads. My threads were all the way rearward of the nut, so I moved the threads forward of the nut to loosen.

Point is - you move the threads to loosen the cable. It will be visible + you can feel it with your fingers.

Make sure you are adjusting the right cable. It is the one that doesn't move when you move the throtle pedal with your hand.

Made a big difference.

Good Luck.

Mine was adjusted all the way back(no threads behind the nut) from the factory. No more adjustment for me.:mad: