Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #1  

DonRICT

Tractor
Kubota 3240 HST
Would anyone be willing to point me to the thread that explains how to lower the hi reving ATA on my L3240?

Appreciate it, saves reading 1175 threads.

Don

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #2  
Would anyone be willing to point me to the thread that explains how to lower the hi reving ATA on my L3240?

Appreciate it, saves reading 1175 threads.

Don

Can't help with the thread but the adjustment is under your right foot. There was no adjustment left on my l5740 so I could not change it.:mad:

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #3  
   / Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #4  
Woah there, the adjustment is NOT under your foot, those are the hst stops and shouldnt be messed with. The adjustment you want are the cables on the passenger side of the engine compartment. The thread you want is here

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../202296-kubota-grand-l3940-auto-throttle.html

Try the search button next time, took me 30 seconds. Good luck.

Actually there are adjustments on either end of the cable and no I was not referring to the peddle stops.:)

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #5  
I was wondering on your end since I know youve been around the block :laughing: I didnt want the new guy going for the obvious nut stops and sending his tranny to an early death on thanksgiving :)

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #6  
If it's the autothrottle you want to adjust then I wouldn't touch the HST pedal. The autothrottle has it's own cable, it may have adjustments on the lever side under the plastic below the steering wheel but I never removed it to look.

Here's the picture I took (and has made it around) showing the two cables under the hood.
cable.jpg

Although the picture makes the cables look silver and gold (not sure why it came out that way, maybe I had the flash on) they are actually the same color.

With the engine off open your hood, the cables are on the "passenger" side. Using your had push down on the HST pedal and you can see which cable moves, it's the other one you want to adjust. On mine it was the lower cable in the picture. If you look you can see the upper cable is roughly centered while the lower cable has almost no threads showing on the black protective coating side.

The lever the cable pulls is made so that either cable can pull it but when pulled it will not effect the other cable.

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #7  
Thanks, arsenix2001, for the pointer.

crazyal your picture, + copy was a big help.

Took my time, about 15 minutes, to adjust. Tested in a couple positions 'til moving the adjuster all the way forward.

My cable was the bottom one also, and was all the way rearward too. Must be the factory setup.

What a difference. Now, in rabbit hi, I go 5 mph at only 1750 rpms, instead of 2200 rpms.

Started using my ATA right away. Now it is much more useful, IMO anyway.

Thanks guys.

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #8  
Thanks, arsenix2001, for the pointer.

crazyal your picture, + copy was a big help.

Took my time, about 15 minutes, to adjust. Tested in a couple positions 'til moving the adjuster all the way forward.

My cable was the bottom one also, and was all the way rearward too. Must be the factory setup.

What a difference. Now, in rabbit hi, I go 5 mph at only 1750 rpms, instead of 2200 rpms.

Started using my ATA right away. Now it is much more useful, IMO anyway.

Thanks guys.

OK I am confused:confused2: which way did you adjust yours to slow it down if it was already moved back.:confused:

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #9  
Maybe we can get how to adjust it as a sticky.

/ Auto Throttle Advance - Adjusting #10  
OK I am confused:confused2: which way did you adjust yours to slow it down if it was already moved back.:confused:

I think what he's saying is that his was factory set to the highest RPM extreme, & he adjusted it to the far other end, i.e. the lowest RPM extreme. That's what I did (almost), too. I think there may be 1 or 2 turns more that I could've moved mine to make the RPM's even lower when pushing the HST pedal with Auto Throttle Advance engaged ... but I'm happy with mine where it is.