B7100 Restore Project Has Begun

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #11  
I'll be watching your project with great interest. I have a B6200 vintage 1983 that my brother bought new. Good luck.

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun
This is my first Kubota and I hope it is as tough as my 1210 Ford 4x4 that I bought new 27 years and 1900 Hrs ago. When my dad and I were shopping for a compact tractor in 1984 to use in our Christmas Tree business we narrowed our search down to the Ford 1210 4x4 and the Kubota B7100 4x4. The Ford won out on price and leg room for Dad who is 6' 3".

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #13  
Looks like a fun project. Did basically the same thing 7 years or so ago with a 1950's Farmall Cub. My great grandfather actually bought it new all those years ago and practically built the largest electric company we have here in Michigan with it. Great machine though, never failed to start. It could be -20 below and I would bet on that machine to start over my 2008 JD 3120, my Gator, my 5410 or even my truck for that matter. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This is a must have for any one who goes very deep into one of these machines. The manual provides wear limits for every component along with testing procedures.Absolutely worth the cost.

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 721
   / B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #15  
Got my WSM from Messick's, last week. Having some issues with worn front PTO splines. Found a section of copper tube jammed between the teeth when I finally got them apart. Looks like I'm going to have to do some modifications if I can't find the parts.

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #16  
This is a must have for any one who goes very deep into one of these machines. The manual provides wear limits for every component along with testing procedures.Absolutely worth the cost.

There is also a Technical Manual which is pretty impressive

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #17  
I picked up a tired but complete B7100 with FEL for $500 with a cracked head and worn cylinder liners. Used heads for a reasonably cost seemed to be unobtainium. The bottom end of the engine (rod and main bearings) looked like new so I bought new rings planning to reline the cylinders. Long story short, the cost of liners, a new piston, and $7-800ish for a head turned me to looking for a replacement engine. I ended up finding a D950 in an Onan marine diesel generator that was in fine shape for a good price, so swapped a few parts (heh heh) and how have a 20hp D950 (with a real waterpump!) powering my B7100. It's been a great tractor. I don't need the additional horsepower, but often wish for more traction! Anyway, I have the D750 "left over". Crank is in perfect shape. I've got a set of new rings for it and an installed-and-torqued-but-never -run head gasket. I could be talked into parting with it for not a bunch of $$, which would eliminate the temptation to rebuild it someday!

Still waiting on my parts shipment from Messicks. Tracking shows them to be scheduled for tomorrow.:D

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #19  
Might keep an eye out on the marine boards/forums; small Kubota motors are used in 25-40' sailboats and other marine applications.

/ B7100 Restore Project Has Begun #20  
I might be able to help you out with the front PTO splines. I have 3 different ones. I know one is splined the same as the rear PTO. The other 2, one is little longer then the other.I well look and see what the spline count is on each one.