Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer)

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #31  
del,
If you were talking NH I might believe you, but right now it is so deep in here I'm on top of the table! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif JimBinMI

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #32  
Well, surprise, surprise! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif A dealer emailed me for details regarding my interest in upgrading to an L4610. I'll let you guys know what develops...

Mark

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #33  
Mark, I think you'd be surprised if you could see a list of everyone who viewed this list. I've talked to a couple of dealers that monitor it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Kubota did also. I'm sure they wouldn't post anything though, what would be the point? Anything they say probably has to be run through the legal department, or cleared by the sales department, or, or or...

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Fellas, I don't know about your tractor models, but instead of a hundred mile round trip to my dealer, I just called Carver Equipment and ordered all my filters (for a B2710) and let UPS deliver them to my front door.<br><br>Bird )</font>

Bird:

I know from driving around Texas, that it's at least 100 miles from anywhere to anywhere else unless, that is, you have to go to the bathroom /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #35  
I just had a kind of the same experience.

I purchased a new 5030 HSTC and came up on the 50 hour service. The 5030 has a service reminder built into the dash that blinks at you so you can't ignore it. I deal with a large farm equipment dealer who sells a lot of Kubota tractors along with several other lines. They have a well stocked parts department and what I consider to be an excellent service department also. The 5030 takes 3 filters, 1 for engine oil, 1 for transmission fluid (high pressure filter) and 1 for the hydraulics. It also takes a fuel filter, 2 air cleaner filters and a cab inlet air filter but these are changed as more hours accrue.
I asked the counterperson for a set of oil filters for the 5030 including an engine oil filter. When they consulted the parts computer (microfiche), there were no listings for the 5030 filters. The counterperson then called Kubota in Columbus, Ohio and obtained the reference numbers and found they were on the shelf as the filters are also used on other models. I suspect that Kubota is having a little trouble updating their parts inventory numbers as they have introduced a number of new models and upgrading does take time.
As I deal quite a bit with this dealer on tractor parts and implements I know most of the mechanics personally. The mechanic that works almost exclusively on Kubota's told me that the only difference between Super UDT and UDT other than the price was that the Super was introduced for Hydrostatic units because it has better flow characteristics at low temperatures than UDT. He told me that because I keep the 5030 in a heated shop in the winter, the Super UDT was unnecessary and that is fine with me as the UDT is cheaper, especially by the drum.
I also compared the prices at Tractorsmart.com with my local dealer and the prices were the same. I don't pay tax anyway because we have an agricultural operation. The mechanic also told me that he believed that Valvoline manufactured the UDT oil for Kubota.
As far as changing the UDT at 50 hours, I do a filter changeout at 50 and then add makeup fluid to the full mark. I do a complete fluid change and lube filters at 100 hours and then a complete fluid change after every growing season. Kubota's internals are very clean from the factory, much cleaner that earlier models and at least on the 5030, Kubota has done away with the filter screen banjo on the intake side of the pump. If you look on the back panel of a UDT jug or drum for that matter, you will see that UDT is compatable with most HY-Trans fluids designed for wet brakes.
Please understand, our maintenance program is geared toward our ag operation. I'm sure that we use our tractors much harder than a homeowner would. Don't forget to grease all zerks at least every 10 hours also.

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #36  
Daryl, you really revived an old thread. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Daryl, you really revived an old thread. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

Bird:
If I did, I'm sorry, I didn't know I did however. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #38  
It's not any problem, Daryl, just not often you see a thread revived after nearly 3 years. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #39  
I didn't even know about this board 3 years ago. I was just "born" about 6 weeks ago. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ Maintenance Woes (and a knuckleheaded dealer) #40  
How time flies /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I was reading the thread and didn't even realize it was an old thread at first.

Gordon