Gator vs Kubota RTV

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #31  
Ya, I agree that they are way overpriced. We have a <a href="http://www.utvcabenclosures.com/polaris-ranger-utv-cab-enclosures">john deere gator cab enclosure</a> and we love it. We have had a Kubota and we didn't like it near as much as the gator cab. The gator cab is much easier to operate and we don't worry about our teenagers flipping it because it's a sturdy machine, so I'd stick with the cab.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #32  
As for the Gator drive belt duability, my Gator is 10 years old, over 600 hours the ONLY thing I have replaced was the return spring on the gas pedal. It rusted and broke. Belt is fine. Still running the original battery. I work the $#@$#@ out of it, use it like a mini dump truck.

Correction - my kids did destroy the plastic front fenders hitting trees, I replaced them, and a broken headlight.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #33  
Oly beef with our RTV 900 is it could sure use another 5-8 HP. Loaded, it strains on hills and mud. On dirt road, seems real slow.

No one mentioned Kioti?

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #34  
I have a Kubota RTV 900 that I purchased in 2007. This guy is a brute. I had the steel top and full glass windsheild installed. The little diesel engine has never let me down, even when moving half full hay trailers around on the farm. I have some extreme hills and the 900 does all I want it to. For its brutishness, it has virtually no suspension in it, so it beats the wife and I around pretty good on real rocky terrain. I love the engine braking feature and would not have a UTV without it. I have replaced tires three times in the past five years that I have owned it, but my Kubota dealer finally found me some tractor tires that fit the 900 and we have never had another problem. I am now in the market for a gas UTV with a little suspension for more comfort and I am taking a hard look at the 500 Kubota. I just need it for transportation and hauling an occassional chain saw. When I need the big guns, I will take the 900. I bought the 900 before I had my knee replacement and it was wonderful. I could get in and out easily and there was plenty of leg room so my knee did not feel cramped. I have loaded a 100 gallon plastic water tank in the bed and the 900 squatted very little. I have had only minimal service problems with the 900. My dealer changed the universal joints on the front axles with those for the zero turn and now I have a joint I can grease instead of waiting on it to go out again. The only other problem I have had so far was when I got a wasp in the gas tank that clogged the injector. It was evidently in the nozzle of my gas tank and I did not notice it when I filled the Kubota. This is one brute of a machine and I expect to have it for a long time yet.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #35  
I was looking online the other day and found a turbo kit for the 900 that will increase the horsepower by 50%. I am giving serious consideration to installing it on my unit to get a little more top speed and a little more power. Then I can climb my long steep hills in mid-range instead of crawling along in low range. Kubota shows the same kit in their catalog at $3200 but the unit online was around $1500. How's that for a markup!!!

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #36  
I was looking online the other day and found a turbo kit for the 900 that will increase the horsepower by 50%. I am giving serious consideration to installing it on my unit to get a little more top speed and a little more power. Then I can climb my long steep hills in mid-range instead of crawling along in low range. Kubota shows the same kit in their catalog at $3200 but the unit online was around $1500. How's that for a markup!!!

Can you PM me the link you found? I'm finding a bunch that are around $2k.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #37  
I just ordered it from the dealer. They quoted me $1900 on the turbo and about $200 for install. I figured it best to go this route in case something went wrong. Should be done next week Wednesday. I will post with results.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #38  
I am looking for a utv to use on our dairy farm. We have had many atvs before but are now going with a utv. With pervious atv we have always had trouble with the brakes going out (the mud and manure rust out the disc brakes). Do you think the wet disc on the kubota would be a better option since it is supposedly sealed?

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #39  
I would think it would be better if they're sealed - didn't know that. As a side note, with the HST, we find we don't hardly even use the brakes.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #40  
Thats what we were hoping with that transmission. On a second note how are the RTV900s in mud, the barnyards can get pretty soft after a rain, and i don't want to be stuck all the time.