Gator vs Kubota RTV

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #41  
I have a 900 as well and I second what he said about using the brakes, you let off the gas quickly and you better be hanging on as they really slow down quick with no brakes! I have never had a utv like this before but they really are over built for work, no doubt about that. We have a gator at work and that is a good machine as well.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #42  
Just a small input on the sealed disk brakes. I have a RTV1100 and When I was putting tracks on it for the first time for the winter I really looked into the design of them. The front ones are completely sealed and are filled with something like hydraulic oil which needs to be changed periodically. The rear brake is inside the transmission. Thy are definitely sealed away from the mud or anything else that would cause them to rust. I am assuming that the RTV900s are set up the same way.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #43  
interesting why the polaris is not in your mix
2013 Polaris RANGER DIESEL Side by Side UTV: Compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWHFkonm-Q

kubota propaganda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KOwCao_XXo&NR=1&feature=endscreen

the kubota is more of a tractor when you consider the drivetrain, and technology. All others seem to be good machines just not as much "tractor" as kubota.

I have a rzr 800s, totally a toy but it performs great. when my kid and i out grow it i will get a more "workish" toy

Last edited:
   / Gator vs Kubota RTV #44  
We have 3, a RTV900XT, a Gator, and a Polaris 6 x 6 ATV. The 4 x 6 Gator high centers easily in anything but good conditions and often needs to be drug out, but its low bed is nice to load. The RTV also high centers but not as easily as the Gator. The Sportsman 6 x 6 has a high bed, weak power train, but goes through stuff the others won't touch. We've knocked the rear drive out, the front wheel clutches have to be rebuilt, brakes always need work, and now it is sitting with a seized camshaft. The Gator has needed its share of work too but it is much better than our first Gator. The Kubota, however, is in a whole different class. Brakes - I only think I use them when shifting because otherwise the hydro does the job.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #45  
I've had to beef up the bed & tailgate and the front guard, added 2" recievers F/R I had a few issues but bought used at 500 hrs & now has +1,000. Basically tought, needs another 5 HP.

Tougher than the gator.

Needs more legroom.

Any tire suggestions for low wear & good mud/ snow traction?

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #46  
I've had to beef up the bed & tailgate and the front guard, added 2" recievers F/R I had a few issues but bought used at 500 hrs & now has +1,000. Basically tought, needs another 5 HP.

Tougher than the gator.

Needs more legroom.

Any tire suggestions for low wear & good mud/ snow traction?

ITP 589's. I have had them on my RTV 900 for several years, they are excellent. ITP TIRES - ITP 589 Tires

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #47  
I purchased a new RTV900 about one year ago, now have 139 hours on it. I love the machine, but yesterday had a friend stop in with his new 2013 Ranger 900XP w/cab, heater, etc. Although I didn't want to drive his machine, he insisted, so I did. Man, could not believe the fun factor, acceleration, and sophistication of that Ranger. I was impressed, however, part of that was the fact that he had a heated cab with heater.

I inspected the Ranger pretty well, and a beautiful machine. However, looking at the undercarriage, etc, it didn't seem anywhere near as ruggedly built as the RTV900. I'm 70 years old, but if I were 20 years younger, then would probably go with the Ranger 900XP.

I do love the transmission on the RTV, but dislike the lack of acceleration and speed. But I do consider the RTV a real tank (ruggedly built) compared to the Deere. With the RTV, I was seeking quality, and think I have it!!!

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #48  
Just read through this old thread - lots of good info!

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #49  
The Kubota is a tractor and not speed wagon, I've got cab 2017 rtv-x1100c. I've pulled out lots of delivery trucks that ignore my signs and get stuck on the wet clay. Its usually been raining so I point to chain in the bed and tell driver he is getting in the mud not me, not one driver had clue of how to hook up chain or what to do when I start pulling. The Kubota need lots of maintenance, lots of grease fittings and fluid changes way more than my new tractor.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #50  
The Kubota is a tractor and not speed wagon, I've got cab 2017 rtv-x1100c. I've pulled out lots of delivery trucks that ignore my signs and get stuck on the wet clay. Its usually been raining so I point to chain in the bed and tell driver he is getting in the mud not me, not one driver had clue of how to hook up chain or what to do when I start pulling. The Kubota need lots of maintenance, lots of grease fittings and fluid changes way more than my new tractor.

That's funny about the delivery trucks. On the maintenance, would you say more than once a year for a 3-4 times per week use on 16 acres?