Gator vs Kubota RTV

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #1  

kuboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
B3200, L5740,
I presently own a diesel JD Gator but have been considering the Kubota RTV. Should I be or should I stick with the Gator. I do like it and it is very easy to get on and off plus it just seems simpler to me. The kubota has an expensive tranny hydraulic system which I am not sure I would ever use.
Any thoughts experiences.?:confused::thumbsup:

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #2  
I'd stick with the gator. If you really want something new I'd go with the XUV825i. That would be Deere's "top" model to Kubota's "top" model being the RTV1100 and the 825i starts at $11,399 and RTV1100 starts at $19,740 according to the build your own's on each website. The 825i goes 44MPH, the the 1100, 25MPH, the 825i tows 1500lb, the 1100 1300lb. The 825i is a gas engine but its a 50HP gas to a 25HP diesel in the 1100. If your mind is set on a diesel though you can get the XUV855D for $12,199 and it goes 32MPH with similar specs to the 825i. If you want a cab the Deluxe cab on the Deere's offer much better visibility although the Bota's may be a little more luxurious the Deere's still offer all the same features.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind buys a RTV over a Gator/XUV unless they are just a die hard Kubota guy, but judging by your name, the RTV may be for you!:laughing:

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV
I don't see how anyone in their right mind buys a RTV over a Gator/XUV unless they are just a die hard Kubota guy, but judging by your name, the RTV may be for you!:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Naw I am color blind mostly. I do like the gator. The 25mph top speed of the Kabota would be annoying plus it is somewhat heavier than the gator so it might be a dog on the hills we have here. Just have been trying to figure if the Kubota is a better buy or not and if the extra machinery is worth paying for. The Kubota with a cab looks like it might just tip over sideways. I realize it is just optics but still looks it would.:laughing:

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #4  
kuboman said:
Naw I am color blind mostly. I do like the gator. The 25mph top speed of the Kabota would be annoying plus it is somewhat heavier than the gator so it might be a dog on the hills we have here. Just have been trying to figure if the Kubota is a better buy or not and if the extra machinery is worth paying for. The Kubota with a cab looks like it might just tip over sideways. I realize it is just optics but still looks it would.:laughing:

I would think the JD HPX would be a lot better comparison to the RTV 1100 but even then the RTV is $10,000 more. When I was looking into them a little while back I saw the price of the RTVs and realized that I could by myself a new truck for the same price as an RTV I was like no thanks. So I don't know what you get for the way more money but I'm sure there's something. I know the gator specs out better then the RTV for the most part but I there are so many different gator models for usage that any gator will beat out any RTVs and the price difference is ridiculous for Kubota beating Deere out in all the tractor categories, in terms of price, having their UTVs so much more expensive is quite odd to me to say the least. I personally being a JD man am used to paying the JD luxury tax but the UTV range JD has Kubota beat out in every corner. Unless you bleed orange:laughing:

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #5  
I'm a Kubota man, but I bought a Gator XUV 625i. Tried them both and the Gator was by far the better machine for my purposes. More comfortable seats, better ride, faster. I use it mostly around my acreadge hauling wood, rocks, gravel and taking the dogs to the falls swimming, but we have occasionally gone on trail rides with friends. This thing is a work horse. I round it with fresh cut firewood and it doesn't bother it at all. I have put 200 hours on it and not a bit of trouble or any regrets. I would stick with the Gator One good thing about the Kubota is the hydraulic outputs for attachments.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #6  
Swiftriver said:
One good thing about the Kubota is the hydraulic outputs for attachments.

Not to go on a complete rant but even with the option for hydraulic outputs I can put that into my gator for a grand and still save myself $9,000! I dont see how Kubota priced these at the same price of a nice 30 HP CUT!

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #7  
Not to go on a complete rant but even with the option for hydraulic outputs I can put that into my gator for a grand and still save myself $9,000! I dont see how Kubota priced these at the same price of a nice 30 HP CUT!

Depends on what it's used for...I love my RTV1100 and it has more than served my purposes, and I looked at all of them before I bought this...Is it painfully expensive, yes...It does have A/C heat etc...As I said, it's all in what you want. This thing is an absolute tank....

I won't smack the JD's around as I have no compelling reason to do so..They are fine UTV's. I bought this becuase I have a temerature sensitive disabled daughter that loves to go riding around.

The Polaris and JD cab additions with heat and no AC brought the price of the diesel to near the $16,500 (not including the power angle snow blade and a few other add-ons) I paid for this new in early 2010 and that was all add on (not cheap) and not integrated like the RTV1100 No problem with that, I'm just sayin'.

I have no need, nor would I want to go 44mph in this thing...I get my speed fix from other vehicles.

Last edited:
   / Gator vs Kubota RTV #8  
I have a rtv900 when I was shopping around for it I felt that it was by far the most rugged feeling of all rtvs I looked at. Yea it was more money but after what have put it through I glad I got the Kubota. has some dents in it but has pulled carried and dumped anything I wanted it to and than some. it's the main reason I went orange for my tractor this year. I don't think I've ever wanted to go faster than 25 in the fields here at any point or even on the gravel road. You want a work horse the Kubota is great you want a golf cart or dune buggy than get something else

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #9  
timswi said:
Depends on what it's used for...I love my RTV1100 and it has more than served my purposes, and I looked at all of them before I bought this...Is it painfully expensive, yes...It does have A/C heat etc...As I said, it's all in what you want. This thing is an absolute tank....

I won't smack the JD's around as I have no compelling reason to do so..They are fine UTV's.

I have no need, nor would I want to go 44mph in this thing...I get my speed fix from other vehicles.

I don't disagree that they are really fine UTVs. If they were priced closer to the Deere I would think they were really nice. Their cabs are definitely a lot more luxurious. You can still get heat and air in a gator it just looks after market compared to the Kubota looking more finished in the cab, the XUVs cab does have a lot more visibility though. Other than the "luxury" feel of the cab I don't see why not get a gator. If I want a true workhorse I can get a 6x4 that specs out close to a 1500 pickup to the tx being smaller than any Kubota to the XUV going faster and spec ing out just as good as the 1100.... For $10,000 less. Don't get me wrong the RTV is a great machine, I think it's just way over priced for that machine. I like the RTV, don't get me wrong, but for Kubota usually being less than Deere equipment they are a lot more money that I don't feel is justified.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #10  
I don't disagree that they are really fine UTVs. If they were priced closer to the Deere I would think they were really nice. Their cabs are definitely a lot more luxurious. You can still get heat and air in a gator it just looks after market compared to the Kubota looking more finished in the cab, the XUVs cab does have a lot more visibility though. Other than the "luxury" feel of the cab I don't see why not get a gator. If I want a true workhorse I can get a 6x4 that specs out close to a 1500 pickup to the tx being smaller than any Kubota to the XUV going faster and spec ing out just as good as the 1100.... For $10,000 less. Don't get me wrong the RTV is a great machine, I think it's just way over priced for that machine. I like the RTV, don't get me wrong, but for Kubota usually being less than Deere equipment they are a lot more money that I don't feel is justified.

Problem is..To equip anything else close to the 1100 it isn't anywhere near $10,000 less..More like a thousand or two...I did some heavy compares when I bought mine. I have absolutely nothing against the other machines..Equally equipped with OEM or aftermarket, the price difference is negligable.

My 1100 cab is 80% glass (not plastic) ...Not sure how there is better visability in a cabbed version of any other..Equal maybe, but not better. Included is HVAC, Stereo wiring with speakers, windshield wipers, windshield washer, A/C, Heat, Defrost etc...That costs a ton to add on. Run the numbers, I did.

I have friends with gators, rangers, mules etc...I like them all..This just works better for me.

I only wish the roof was lower and the windows rolled down.