Need help with Universal Joint on BX2360

/ Need help with Universal Joint on BX2360 #1  

jekyll

The joke sleeve (the part the joint shaft from the MMM slides into) on universal joint is bent beyond repair so I ordered an new one. The problem is I can't figure out how to go about replacing it. I've removed the snap rings but I think i'm missing something because the cross joint doesn't slide enough to come apart. Any help would be great. Take care.

/ Need help with Universal Joint on BX2360 #2  
U-joints are all kinda tight this way. Use a vise if possible. Put a socket or some kind of spacer over the cap on one side. It has to have a hole big and deep enuf to let the cap slide out inside it. Use a spacer smaller than the cap to push on the other cap. The cross will displace as you vise, and push the 1st cap out [mostly] into the socket. [If it doesnt go all the way out before the cross bottoms youll have to wiggle it out w Vise Grips.] Then press the cross back the other way in the same manner to get the remaining cap out. High force when beginning this push is an alert. Observe carefully to assure that you dont force a cocked cap.
larry

/ Need help with Universal Joint on BX2360 #3  
like SPYDERLK stated. They are pressed into the yoke.

when you start squeezing with the vise it helps to whack the vise with a hammer to get the thing moving. Again make sure everything is square and the cap can move into the receiving socket.

having three hands helps when you first try this.

/ Need help with Universal Joint on BX2360
Thanks guys, that worked great.