Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem #31  

Nice video, now can you connect at least one of the injectors externally to see what type of spray patten you get from the injector? That will tell you if you have enough pressure to operate the injectors and get a good fuel spray/mist into the cylinder. Spraying fuel out of the pump doesn't confirm working or plugged injectors.

Roy

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem
Nice video, now can you connect at least one of the injectors externally to see what type of spray patten you get from the injector? That will tell you if you have enough pressure to operate the injectors and get a good fuel spray/mist into the cylinder. Spraying fuel out of the pump doesn't confirm working or plugged injectors.

Roy

Oldnslo,

Thank you for the tip.
Just plugged an injector (new injector) to one of the line and NO SPRAY!!!

I am taking the injector pump to a shop for testing and most likely rebuilt cost estimate. Kubota wants $860 for a new one.

Thanks again :thumbsup:.

Frederic

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem #35  
WHOAH!!!!

Hold up there a minute Fred, if you installed a Brandy NEW injection nozzle on the female swivel there should have been a pencil thread or less diameter fuel spurt that would have blasted the paint off the motor!!!!!

The indirect injection fuel nozzle allows fuel to pass with no, I repeat no restrictions!!!!!

If they gave you a true diesel fuel injector this would happen because there is a night and day difference between an injection NOZZLE for an indirect injection engine versus a direct injection diesel fuel injector as the direct injection engines require(or did require) a spring backed fuel injector due to the higher fuel metering pressure.

Something is definetly wrong somewhere I wonder if the timing has jumped or the drive train in the injection pump is or was siezed or the o-rings seals are shot on the injection pump?

keep us in the loop :thumbsup:

Last edited:
WHOAH!!!!

Hold up there a minute Fred, if you installed a Brandy NEW injection nozzle on the female swivel there should have been a pencil thread or less diameter fule spurt that would have blasted the paint off the motor!!!!!

The indirect injection fuel nozzle allows fuel to pass with no, I repeat no restrictions!!!!!

If they gave you a true diesel fuel injector this would happen because there is a night and day difference between an injection NOZZLE for an indirect injection engine versus a direct injection diesel fuel injector as the direct injection engines require(or did require) a spring backed fuel injector due to the higher fuel metering pressure.

Something is definetly wrong somewhere I wonder if the timing has jumped or the drive train in the injection pump is or was siezed or the o-rings seals are shot on the injection pump?

keep us in the loop :thumbsup:

Hmmm! Sorry I am not sure I get it...

I had a spare injector, I installed one injector line to the pump, installed the injector on the other end. Bled the line, I held a small jar around the injector and cranked the engine.
I couldn't see any spray nor could I see any fuel in the jar. Led me to believe that there wasn't enough pressure from the injector pump.

Also called Kubota today and I was told that they had seen an increase of pump failure due to Bio blend fuel. I never used any bio diesel but apparently here in WA, all the diesel fuel has a 5% bio..

I have the pump going to a shop tomorrow for testing. I'll definitely let you know what they find out.

Once this thing is fixed I'll installed a different fuel filter as you suggested..:thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem #37  
Hmmm! Sorry I am not sure I get it...

I had a spare injector, I installed one injector line to the pump, installed the injector on the other end. Bled the line, I held a small jar around the injector and cranked the engine.
I couldn't see any spray nor could I see any fuel in the jar. Led me to believe that there wasn't enough pressure from the injector pump.

Also called Kubota today and I was told that they had seen an increase of pump failure due to Bio blend fuel. I never used any bio diesel but apparently here in WA, all the diesel fuel has a 5% bio..

I have the pump going to a shop tomorrow for testing. I'll definitely let you know what they find out.

Once this thing is fixed I'll installed a different fuel filter as you suggested..:thumbsup:

Bit a mystery alright. Just curious as to how and why the bio-diesel is causing pump failures. Lack of lubrication, water and dirt are what usually cause pump failures. Biodiesel has good lubrication and if you have a good filter dirt should not be the problem so...... Ask your dealer why?:thumbsup:

Bit a mystery alright. Just curious as to how and why the bio-diesel is causing pump failures. Lack of lubrication, water and dirt are what usually cause pump failures. Biodiesel has good lubrication and if you have a good filter dirt should not be the problem so...... Ask your dealer why?:thumbsup:

I'll ask again but there was something to do with water...

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem #39  
I'll ask again but there was something to do with water...

Biodiesel does attract water and also promotes algae growth which is another reason to have a good fuel filter. Personally I think the fuel filters on any of these tractors are a joke. One must be very careful with the fuel to keep it clean. I will also be very happy when this enviro-crap runs its coarse and we put diesel in our tanks and vegetable oil in the deep-frier.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX24 Injector pump problem #40  
Biodiesel does attract water and also promotes algae growth which is another reason to have a good fuel filter. Personally I think the fuel filters on any of these tractors are a joke. One must be very careful with the fuel to keep it clean. I will also be very happy when this enviro-crap runs its coarse and we put diesel in our tanks and vegetable oil in the deep-frier.:thumbsup:

amen ...... bio-diesel is not ready for the market.

here is the Kubota bulletin on it.

Kubota Engine America - Compact Diesel Engines