Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040

Default Re: Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...

Quote Originally Posted by rScotty View Post
    I don't see how a losing a bit of fluid would affect anything. What about the residual fluid in the rock picker itself? There must have been some.... Could mixing that with the fluid already in the tractor have improved anything? Maybe it had some lubricating property that the original fluid needed?
    I am just about to go do the 50 hr service, so it will be interesting to see if replacing the filter and fluid will have any effect. It would be a bummer (and a little ironic) if it comes back again.

maybe it is in the 3 pt and the 7040 isn't lifting that heavy rock picker up high enough to trigger the 3pt relief valve....assuming that is where the noise came from of course.
    It is a pull-type implement, so no TPH involved. I haven't noticed any correlation thus far with the TPH.

What does matter is that higher RPM means a higher hydraulic flow rate and that means the hydraulic fluid gets hotter....it can get lots hotter.....and heat can be a problem. So keep an eye on the hydraulic temperatures. If that's OK you're good.
    glad it's working,
    rScotty.
    Funny you should say that - I thought when I was swapping hoses that they felt hotter than usual, but I thought that perhaps it was just my imagination. How could I know if hydraulic temps are too hot?

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Kubota M9540, Allis Chalmers G

This sounds like the problem I am having with my 2007 M9540HD12 I just picked up this spring with 2000 hours on it.. loud whining sound at idle and just above idle when HOT. IE after a day of plowing it whines a lot.. Much louder but similar sound to the hydraulic bypass...
    Thanks
    Jonathan

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Kubota M9540, Allis Chalmers G

And the sound goes away when you throttle it up...

Tractor
    Many in the past, Today, a Kubota M59, JD530, and 2 Yanmars - 16 & 33 hp

Quote Originally Posted by cstp View Post
    I am just about to go do the 50 hr service, so it will be interesting to see if replacing the filter and fluid will have any effect. It would be a bummer (and a little ironic) if it comes back again.
    You might ask them to save all the filters. If they've caught a lot of crud the increase in flow resistance could be triggering a by-pass valve. Although I'm not sure that would explain how increasing the RPM would cause it to go away. It seems like several people have the same problem. So far from what's been reported it's just a noise; not mechanical problems. That's good.

It is a pull-type implement, so no TPH involved. I haven't noticed any correlation thus far with the TPH.
    Darn. A TPH trying to lift too high would have explained everything. I'm guessing you have tried to make the noise by lifting the TPH without a load on it.

Funny you should say that - I thought when I was swapping hoses that they felt hotter than usual, but I thought that perhaps it was just my imagination. How could I know if hydraulic temps are too hot?
    I don't know that one. All I've got is the basic $100 Shop Manual for our M59...and it's similar in some respects but sure not the same as yours. I've heard kubota has more detailed manuals available, but haven't seen them. Some of this is going to depend on what tools and manuals your local shop mechanic has.
    On the M59, all the hydraulic tests are specd at 140F max, but my guess is that the fluid normally runs at least that hot or hotter. Might be worth adding an external gauge. Just to say again, I don't have a noise or an problems on the M59 hydrostatic tranny so I'm just sitting in on this thread as a curious mechanical guy with some hydraulics background.
    rScotty
    Last edited by rScotty; 05-13-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    Pride of place goes to our 2 cylinder John Deer 530. As modern & useful today as 50 years ago.
    Our Kubota M59 TLB is the first choice for everyday chores on the land. An awesome machine - and no, I'm NOT responsible for nicknaming him "stinky"!
    By the barn sleeps a pair of 4wd US Yanmars getting along in years: Mr. Big and Mrs. Little.
    Loaders for each, and a yard full of well-beaten implements which work far better than they look.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234