Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #1  

samofsweden

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx24, 2007
Hi.
As you might know I recevied my M7040HD couple days ago.
Is used with 160 hours on. Today after a few hours light loader work I jumped off the tractor and let it idle for a few minutes, and then a loud SQUEEEEK started to sound:eek::eek::eek:
I jumped up on the sadle and rewed the engine and the sound disaperd.
back to idle and then the sound came again.
I check all belts on the engine but the sound came from under the tractor.
Any ideas? A stuck releifvalve?

Before I started work (and after work) I checked all oil levels and everything looks new and good on levels.

Thanks for your help.
/Sam

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #2  
The only squeak I've encountered so far was a silly thing: the little sliding bar that tells you when the loader bucket is level :eek: Mine had dried up & was squeaking. A touch of any ol' grease or oil solves that one.

Hopefully yours is just that simple, too, but it kinda sounds like it's not.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #3  
Hi.
As you might know I recevied my M7040HD couple days ago.
Is used with 160 hours on. Today after a few hours light loader work I jumped off the tractor and let it idle for a few minutes, and then a loud SQUEEEEK started to sound:eek::eek::eek:
I jumped up on the sadle and rewed the engine and the sound disaperd.
back to idle and then the sound came again.
I check all belts on the engine but the sound came from under the tractor.
Any ideas? A stuck releifvalve?

Before I started work (and after work) I checked all oil levels and everything looks new and good on levels.

Thanks for your help.
/Sam

Where was the lever at for the 3 point? Seen them get out of adjustment and will put the hydraulics over relief.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...
tom4018 said:
Where was the lever at for the 3 point? Seen them get out of adjustment and will put the hydraulics over relief.

3 point was lifted in top position

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #5  
Sometimes just the loader or loader frame will be parked just right and will make a loud squeeking noise on mine. Just tweak the contol lever for the bucket - change the position ever so slightly and see if that's it. Could be as simple as just a funny vibration when everything magically lines up just right.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #6  
The only thing I had squeeeeking was the shield around the muffler when it idled.

Well I dont think it came from the loader area, it more sounded like it came from underneith the tractor. It was squeeky sound like hydralic squeek. No rateling sound. I had the draftcontrol pulled back and same with the 3 point lever. Im not familiar with the draftcontrol yet, I do understand the purpuse with it. But when I not use it how should the lever be positioned?

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #8  
Well I dont think it came from the loader area, it more sounded like it came from underneith the tractor. It was squeeky sound like hydralic squeek. No rateling sound. I had the draftcontrol pulled back and same with the 3 point lever. Im not familiar with the draftcontrol yet, I do understand the purpuse with it. But when I not use it how should the lever be positioned?

All the way up ...

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #9  
3 point was lifted in top position

Pay attention to how the tractor sounds when you move the 3 point lever all the way to the up position, sometime mine will put the hydraulics over relief with a big load on the back, for some reason. The linkage can be adjusted.

Pay attention to how the tractor sounds when you move the 3 point lever all the way to the up position, sometime mine will put the hydraulics over relief with a big load on the back, for some reason. The linkage can be adjusted.

Ok Tom I will have that in mind.
This might sound crazy....but I read that the M7040 are turbocharged and my manual says "check turbocharger every 3000hours" but I dont have any turbocharger on my M7040....The tractor are from 2009.
:confused2: