hyd. pump

/ hyd. pump #1  

Anonymous Poster

I recently bought a 7100 hst. The loader and 3 pt. hitch did not work. I found the shaft for the hyd. pump thats mount to the injector sheared off. The pump comes apart easy. A seal kit for the hyd. pump is available through Kubota. I am interested to find who makes the pump and if just the drive is available vs. the $300.00 new pump.

/ hyd. pump #2  
shawn b.
What year is your 7100HST?
At one time Northern Tool&Equipment Co.did sell Kubota engines and I believe hydraulic pumps.

BTW you and me I rather spend the extra $$ for the right part. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ hyd. pump #3  
You may want to try to figure out if there's something else wrong with the hydraulic system that caused the shaft to shear

/ hyd. pump #4  
I second your 'check out the drive' idea. Shafts aren't the sort of part you expect to break unless what they drive is seized. Sometimes a part might be inadequately forged and then break in service, but that's not common. If the pump rotates freely, alignment or spacing might be suspected.

I have a rule for myself. If I have to remove something to figure it out, I replace it with a new part unless the part is very expensive or the tear down is dead simple. I don't know about Kubota pump drives, but it sounds like an easy tear down. On my Ford, the pump drive is a shaft and gear that is driven off the crankshaft gear. Replacing the pump drive would take some work, because the timing gear cover has to be removed. In addition, the pump on my Ford is not serviceable. If it was me, I'd put in a new pump on general principal. Buying new parts every now and then saves the expense and aggravation (especially the aggravation) of having equipment where everything seems to fall apart at once.