Work light

/ Work light #21  
oklandist Said: Just tapping in to the head light wire. That way when you turn your headlights on the work lights come on as well.

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <

I did't think of just tapping into the existing head light circuit, good idea.

Below are some fotos of what I ended up doing to power my plow lights n other goodies (strobe, marker lights, radio/CD, dome light, 12v power point).

From looking at the switch panel, I may be missing one switch but I forget what it is now - douuuu (said Homer Simson).

Under the hood mounted on the rad frame, just behind the battery I also added a fuse block now with three independent circuits to power the over head switch panel.. There is a forth open fuse position available for future use if needed.

For wiring from the fuse block to the over head switch panel above the steering wheel of the Kub, I purchased 2 good outdoor exertion cord having 12/3 stranded wire and cut off the ends. The +/positive travels neatly back along the left of the Kub and up the front left vertical support. The negative ground travels similarly but back the right side of the Kub and than up the right forward cab roof support. I needed to add a good ground, not using the Kub's steel as the normal ground path simply because the roof I made for my tractor is 1/4 luan ply wood with a 2x3 frame all painted Kubota orange with aluminum diamond plate L shaped corners to strengthen across the sids n top n not look like ply wood.

Also, I placed the top 8 LED marker lights on a 3 position switch, on-center off-on. This way I can have all 8 on at the time or connect them to the Kub's flasher circuit for when I am out on or near the road, needing to bring attention to my 14 mph max speed.

Attachments

• photo-29.JPG
    photo-29.JPG
    552.2 KB · Views: 260
  • photo-30.JPG
    photo-30.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 219
  • photo-39.JPG
    photo-39.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 213
  • photo-31.JPG
    photo-31.JPG