changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST #1  

Anonymous Poster

Good Day:
I just found this site today, and have been browsing around, but haven't found much on the little T1600H tractor of mine. The dealer told me that changing the hydrostatic transmission fluid is no longer recommended for the T1600H because there is apparently no way to easily drain the old fluid in such a way as to prevent air from getting into the transmission. Naturally, the manual lists changing the fluid at 200 hours, its current age, in the maintenance check list, but provides no description of the procedure, only where the hydrostatic transmission oil tank is, and to add oil to the level mark. My cursory inspection did not provide any further insight as to the location of transmission drain plugs or even a filter. So I am left to concur with the dealer that the transmission fluid does not need periodic service for the lifetime of the tractor, however inconceivable. The current oil in there looks quite ugly but functional, so I would like to change it if someone could please advise me. Thank you for your assistance.

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST #2  
Hi.
If your still not at ease with your dealer answer,than locate this web page and email your question,for the might beable to help.
www.kubota.com
Take Care.

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST
thanx Thomas:
i tried emailing from the kubota site to info@kubota.com, but it bounced. mabey their server was down. i'll try it again. i appreciate your response.

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST
I changed hydo fluid on my T1600H this spring, drain is a large hex facing forward to the right side of the shaft input. Drain is ok but they are right about refilling, took about a day and a half for the pump to re-prime.

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST #5  
anyone know what the correct oil type is please? Some sites mention sae20 others transmission fluid?

/ changing transmission fluid in a T1600H HST #6  
Anyone any idea what the correct fluid type is for a Kubota T1600 transmission? Some sites mention SAE20 others Transmission fluid? Is there a difference, which is the correct type?