Its getting cold

/ Its getting cold #1  

OrangeToys

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota M7060HDC
Well this is my first winter with a tractor (mx5100) and it won't be used much now unless we get snow (usually in January) it will be sitting inside. What do I need to do to keep the motor and fluids in good shape and easy starting, I do have glow plugs ? I already have the anti gel stuff taken care of for the fuel.
The temps now are upper teens but will get down into the single digits.

Thanks

/ Its getting cold #2  
Well this is my first winter with a tractor (mx5100) and it won't be used much now unless we get snow (usually in January) it will be sitting inside. What do I need to do to keep the motor and fluids in good shape and easy starting, I do have glow plugs ? I already have the anti gel stuff taken care of for the fuel.
The temps now are upper teens but will get down into the single digits.

Thanks

If the tractor is in heated space all the better but in liu of same you can use a Kerosene fired space heater to warm it up for an hour prior to use and warm up the entire beast engine/transmission/hydraulic oil to allow it to run easier. I use one to prevent a lot of idling for warm up but a lot of the folks simply let them idle for a while.

/ Its getting cold #3  
My tractor sits outside;I had an engine block heater installed.My tractor starts fine without it but the heater helps for sure.

/ Its getting cold
It sits inside but not heated inside

/ Its getting cold #5  
All of ours sit in unheated barns or sheds and we don't have any problems. We have an 8000 and 7000 Series John Deere in our barn where we let our renters store them and they will be there all winter.

/ Its getting cold #6  
Your fluids and engine will be just fine but sometimes the biggest challenge can be keeping the mice at bay to prevent wire insulation problems etc.