Loader Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #1  

mdelmarcelle

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040SUD
Cut down a large oak tree today. The bottom was about two feet across. Below is video of me lifting about a 12 foot length of the tree from the trunk up. I'm guessing it weighs 1500-2000 lbs.

Kubota M7040 lifting large oak log.

Some pics of the lift...

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    909.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 774
   / Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #2  
Nice job. You have me jealous. Today was Christmas chores and shopping for me. Zero seat time.

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #3  
Truly enjoyed viewing the video. That Bota definitely did the job. You didn't even use any ballast on the rear. You have to give credit to that single axle trailer also. Did you actually use that trailer to haul the log? And if you did, what distance? :tractor::thumbsup:

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #4  
Truly enjoyed viewing the video. That Bota definitely did the job. You didn't even use any ballast on the rear. You have to give credit to that single axle trailer also. Did you actually use that trailer to haul the log? And if you did, what distance? :tractor::thumbsup:

I do believe i saw a ballast box.

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #5  
Very nice.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log
Nice job. You have me jealous. Today was Christmas chores and shopping for me. Zero seat time.

Thanks! And we probably should have been doing same thing as you (xmas stuff), but the weather was so nice by us, couldn't resist taking advantage.

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Actually, as someone else noticed, I do have a ballast weight on the back. It's a concrete block I created, about 2000lbs. It plant's the back end down pretty well. With that, the tractor handled the log pretty well. Steering stayed nice and light.

The tractor is a hand me down from my father-in-law. He used it for farm use and it is a homemade creation. Very heavy, 2 inch oak planks form the floor of it. I used that to haul the log about a 1/2 mile to my place. I hauled it using the tractor, going pretty slow. No real busy roads either. I've hauled a yard of crushed stone in that trailer. She's pretty tough.

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #8  
Nice work and a nice video. Sure handled that log with ease!

/ Kubota M7040 Lifting Large Oak Log #10  
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Actually, as someone else noticed, I do have a ballast weight on the back. It's a concrete block I created, about 2000lbs. It plant's the back end down pretty well. With that, the tractor handled the log pretty well. Steering stayed nice and light.

The tractor is a hand me down from my father-in-law. He used it for farm use and it is a homemade creation. Very heavy, 2 inch oak planks form the floor of it. I used that to haul the log about a 1/2 mile to my place. I hauled it using the tractor, going pretty slow. No real busy roads either. I've hauled a yard of crushed stone in that trailer. She's pretty tough.
I noticed the ballast box after reviewing the video a second time. I will reiterate this in regards to both your Tractor and that single axle trailer::thumbsup: