Tires Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #1  

woodenhorse

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2650 fel bh/ BX2200
Hi Folks,

What's the difference between bar tires and ag tires? I am getting bar tires for my BX2200 at the dealers recommendation, but they didn't have any in stock for me to look at. I tried to find pictures, but didn't see any. Any pictures to compare out there?

Thanks,

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #2  
woodenhorse
In the BX series, the bar tire is the more aggressive tire and the turf tire is the more turf friendly tire. There are only 2 tire choices with the subcompacts. The B series (compact tractor) has ag, turf and industrial tire choices. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires
Lewis,

Thanks for the information. Is there a picture of the bar tire for the BX2200 on the net?

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #5  
Good Day:

My 2200 has bar tires and I have been told that they should be fine for grass if you don't use four wheel drive or the diff lock. Also you should let the grass dry off before driving on it.

Good luck

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #6  
I opted for the bars on my BX22 and don't regret it one bit. Most of the hours are cutting 2+ acres with the MMM. The bars have been as gentle as the turfs I had on my old tractor. The only time I have torn up grass is using the FEL and pushing enough in 2WD to get the tires to slip. Then they start to really dig in, but that's their job. This past winter the bars in 4WD were unstopable in 2' of snow climbing uphill.

Based on my experience and other poster's comments, the bars will be fine for you on the grass, and offer that extra traction when you need it.

paul

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for enlightening me on the bar tires. I checked the link out that Surfran provided (thanks) and I thought those were the ag tires. But, based on your comments, I'm sure I made the right choice. About 5 of those seven acres that I mow are strictly for the looks (and my pitching wedge). I'm hoping that the 3.5' bush hog will help me clear little bits of the woods at a time and the bar tires should help alot in that. We have alot of briars and privot hedges down here. I think I might have to remove the flashers though, they'll probably take a beating the first time I venture into the woods. Thanks again for all of your help. This is a great forum!

/ Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #8  
Here's a pic of the fronts...

Attachments

• 254060-bar1.jpg
    254060-bar1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 233
   / Bar Tires vs. Ag Tires #9  
And of the rears...

Attachments

• 254062-bar2.jpg
    254062-bar2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 222