Diesel Tractor Winter Storage

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #1  

homeputter

Bronze Member
My new BX25 will be left at my cabin in the winter - October through April once I get it up there. I was just planning on filling the tank and parking it in the garage for 6 months. I read in the manual you are not suppose to use diesel older than 3 months. Is there a fuel stabilizer for diesel like for gasoline that would keep the diesel good for 6 months?

In my gasoline lawn rider, I just fill the tank up add the STA-BIL to the tank and its good for 6 months. Starts up easy - if the battery is charged.
Any forum members store their tractors for 6 months or so?
Thanks

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #2  
My new BX25 will be left at my cabin in the winter - October through April once I get it up there. I was just planning on filling the tank and parking it in the garage for 6 months. I read in the manual you are not suppose to use diesel older than 3 months. Is there a fuel stabilizer for diesel like for gasoline that would keep the diesel good for 6 months?

In my gasoline lawn rider, I just fill the tank up add the STA-BIL to the tank and its good for 6 months. Starts up easy - if the battery is charged.
Thanks

Give it a good shot of fuel conditioner and it will be fine.:thumbsup:

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #3  
   / Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #4  
My new BX25 will be left at my cabin in the winter - October through April once I get it up there. I was just planning on filling the tank and parking it in the garage for 6 months.
*I read in the manual you are not suppose to use diesel older than 3 months. Is there a fuel stabilizer for diesel like for gasoline that would keep the diesel good for 6 months?

Thanks
* That's more fiction than fact .

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #5  
My new BX25 will be left at my cabin in the winter - October through April once I get it up there. I was just planning on filling the tank and parking it in the garage for 6 months. I read in the manual you are not suppose to use diesel older than 3 months.
*Is there a fuel stabilizer for diesel like for gasoline that would keep the diesel good for 6 months?

Thanks
*I use power service in the white bottle .

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #6  
I've never used anything for the past 7 years and never had an issue over the winter...My BX stays in a heated garage, fuel can't gell in there anyway.

/ Diesel Tractor Winter Storage #7  
When I let any diesel set for 60 or more days I add Power Service- Clear Diesel fuel additive then of course fill up the tank, then take it out and run it for 30 minutes to mix it up and get it through the injectors, then I pull the battery cables off the battery.
I would put the charger on the battery just to be sure of enough cranking power when I need it again, and it should take right off.
The condensation/mold could mess your fuel system up with out the additive.