New Kubota Factory

/ New Kubota Factory #1  

MessickFarmEqu

Kubota Tractor Corporation Announces Plans for
New $73 Million Production Facility in Georgia​
New Plant to Service Strong Demand for Kubota Tractors​
TORRANCE, Calif.​
(DATE) Kubota Tractor Corporation, the U.S. marketer and distributor of Kubota
tractors and equipment, today announced plans for a new $73 million manufacturing plant in Jefferson, Georgia.
Construction of the 500,000 square foot plant on the 88 acre site plant will begin in January 2012 for production
of Kubotaç—´ 30 50 horsepower compact tractor models. Completion of the plant and full production is
anticipated for January 2013.
The announcement comes on the heels of Kubotaç—´ recent milestone of 1.5 million units sold in the
United States. The company began marketing in the U.S. in 1972, initially introducing a 12-horsepower,
compact tractor. Today, Kubota is the industry leader in the under 40-horsepower tractor segment.
é„*t Kubota, we are deeply committed to the U.S. market, and are making strategic investments such
as this new manufacturing facility to service the outstanding growth and strong customer demand for Kubota
tractors, said Mr. Yuichi �en Kitao, president of Kubota Tractor Corporation. 徹ur U.S. customers
recognize and appreciate the quality, innovation and value that Kubota can deliver. They have responded
exceptionally well to our full-line of tractors and equipment, which is why we are further strengthening our

presence and expanding our business here.?/P>
The new plant will be located on the same site as the current Kubota Industrial Equipment Corporation
facility, which produces Kubota loaders, backhoes and related implements. Once fully operational, the new plant​
will employ about 200 people with a production capacity of approximately 22,000 units annually.

/ New Kubota Factory #2  
Kubota, Toyota, Nissan, Honda probably employee more americans than Chevy, Ford, or Dodge its really pathetic.

/ New Kubota Factory #3  
Kubota, Toyota, Nissan, Honda probably employee more americans than Chevy, Ford, or Dodge its really pathetic.
Nothing pathetic about it. It's just a smaller world than it used to be. Global warming is melting the ice and now more water.:)

/ New Kubota Factory #4  
Went to a New Holland dealer today and he told me not to buy a NH tractor but his other brand,a Kioti. How about that. He said he has sold only 10 NH brand tractors since 2009 cause of the LS switch. So I am now choosing to go with A JD 3720, MS 1643, Kioti DK40SE or Kubota 4400 HST. What do you guys think. I need something I will have for the next 20 years or so. Sorry Messick, I should not high jack your thread. Won't happen again.... sorry

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Factory #5  
I'd vote for the L4400.

/ New Kubota Factory #6  
I just got back (an hour ago) from visiting the site for the new factory and it is massive. The Atlanta News had it on TV this weekend since it will employ about 200 people. Good time to be with Kubota! :thumbsup:

/ New Kubota Factory #8  
You can't go wrong with either the JD 3720 or the Kubota L4400. I've had both models and both are good solid machines. I can't say much good or bad about the others you are considering but they may be good also. I would recommend you test drive before purchasing.

/ New Kubota Factory #9  
I wonder how much of a factory it will be, right now they just assemble parts on a line supplied from Japan. If that's what is going on I am not impressed. If they are going to make frames and press sheet steal, have a paint shop, and make castings in a foundry, make engines, then you have a factory, not just an assembly plant. Anyone know? Anyone know which models will be manufactured there and if they will be exported to other overseas markets. Anyone wonder how many parts and what parts will be supplied by local US companies, how many of you would rather have one with Japanese parts? Will they be a better tractor or maybe not as good as what is being assembled now from all Japanese parts imported to the assembly line.

HS

/ New Kubota Factory #10  
I wonder how much of a factory it will be, right now they just assemble parts on a line supplied from Japan. If that's what is going on I am not impressed. If they are going to make frames and press sheet steal, have a paint shop, and make castings in a foundry, make engines, then you have a factory, not just an assembly plant. Anyone know? Anyone know which models will be manufactured there and if they will be exported to other overseas markets.

HS

Well, in the first post the article says full production of 30-50 hp models. Now what that actually means is only a guess. Anyway you look at it, 22,000 units a year sure sounds like a lot of tractors to me. :shocked: That is 110 tractors per person per year. Amazing what an assembly line can do. :thumbsup: