Plowing

/ Plowing #1  

pfatz

I have a stock B7510, HST, 4x4. Ihave a single bottom plow which I would like to use in reasonably (Sandy-Loam) soil. I wonder if the tractor will pull it and will I need added Weights for traction with my Industrial tires?

/ Plowing #2  
I pulled a single bottom with my Farmall Cub, 2wd, about 12 hp. I see no reason why your B wouldn't pull it easily.

/ Plowing #3  
For a "ballpark" figure you need min. 1 hp for every inch of plow. In other words a 10in plow take a 10hp tractor to pull it usually. Now as far as weights that really depends on a lot of factors. How wet the soil is, With your style of tires you might get by without weights. Just my opinion you milage may vary. Good luck Gary:thumbsup:

/ Plowing #4  
I have a stock B7510, HST, 4x4. Ihave a single bottom plow which I would like to use in reasonably (Sandy-Loam) soil. I wonder if the tractor will pull it and will I need added Weights for traction with my Industrial tires?

It will probably work better if you have a wheel weight on the left rear tire, because the rear tire running in the furrow will have more traction than the "up" one.

/ Plowing #5  

No problem. My 7510HST pulled a middle buster through similar soil (gravely loam) to about 8 inch depth with no problem. That work was done in the April when the ground was pretty soft. A 12 inch single bottom should be easy to pull with your tractor.

/ Plowing #6  
The first furrow may be tough, but each one after that should be a lot easier. The key is to get the plow adjusted properly so each succeeding pull lays the plowed earth over into the furrow you just plowed. If the plow is set correctly you should be able to put the rear tire in the just plowed furrow and the plow will flip the earth over into that furrow.

/ Plowing #7  
My BX 2230 pulls a 14 inch single no problem, ajustment can be key if you do a search on here you should find all the info you neeed about setup. good luck

/ Plowing #8  
I have a B7510 gear drive - I pulled a middle buster in dry clay gumbo. Pull in 4WD Low Range. If you have an FEL put some weight in it. That little tractor will surprise you.