Snow Which Snow Plowing Blade to get and where for L5450?

/ Which Snow Plowing Blade to get and where for L5450? #1  

fiddlinvet

Tractor
Kubota L5450
We have about 1 mile of cross pasture driveway, hilly and at times with curves and not level to clear of up to 18 inches of snow. We are thinking of getting a front push blade/snow plow to mount where the bucket is. I am not sure, if we have one of those Quick Change mounts (haven;t looked...and tractor is about a mile away at the moment) and wonder what blades/plows would fit, what size to get. Where can I possibly find a used one to buy. We are in Colorado, but consider looking in NM, western OK and western KS as well...

KUBOTA L5450

/ Which Snow Plowing Blade to get and where for L5450? #2  
If you have the QA all you need to do is get a QA plate, (about 130.00) find a used 8 foot blade ( probably 3-400.00 ) a couple new hoses and misc fittings ( maybe 150.00 ) weld it up and go push some snow around

/ Which Snow Plowing Blade to get and where for L5450? #3  
After plowing with an FEL QA snowplow for 5 years (Curtis 7.5 foot power angle), my next blade will be a Horst (HLA Snow) 3000 series.

The Curtis was just okay. The Blade itself was sufficient, but their mount needed complete reinforcing with a lot of extra steel and welding.

/ Which Snow Plowing Blade to get and where for L5450? #4  
Lots of reading on this site for truck to tractor conversions.If you can weld or have a shop near this would be the cheapest route.Mine is an old Curtis truck plow adpted to my QA on a L4240,eight ft. plow.Your tractor can handle an eight footer no problem,seven and half if you find one will work.
Curtis for one makes new ones also.The hydraulics for power angle are a little pricey,maybe $1,000.

Attachments

• with snow plow.jpg
    with snow plow.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 2,786