My SU3300 smokes alot when starting

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #11  
bbbobbb do you put any thing in your diesel fuel to keep it from geling? I put power service in my b2620 to keep the fuel from geling and it starts with little or no smoke.

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #12  
That 3300 is smoking way more than my 3200. Looks like by the video it is running a good 15 seconds before it starts to sound normal and clear up. The 3200 clears up before that I believe. Might be something to check out.

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #13  
My B3030 does not smoke like that at all. Do you give it some throttle before you start it? If you do, try starting it with the throttle pushed all the way to minimum. Mine starts best that way. The book says to give it some throttle before starting but I have found it works best with no throttle at all. I never use the glow plugs for more than 10 seconds. Less when it is summertime. It will fire right up, smoke and rattle for about 1 or 2 seconds and then smooth out. My B3030 is a 2005 model though, so things may have changed in how they tune the engines now. Good luck.

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #14  
My SU3300 smokes alot when starting, more so when it gets colder. Is this normal ? Also is there any chock or whats the best way to start it in the cold ?

If you start it in a relatively small enclosure like a garage it seems like there's a lot more smoke than there is. That video is an example, although it does seem like it produces more smoke than mine does. I start my B in a large enclosure and I don't even notice the smoke, but if I start it in my garage there's quite a bit of smoke because the same smoke just keeps blowing all over the garage. I pay more attention to the sound of the engine, mine barks like a dog for a few seconds then quiets right down. More smoke and noise as the temp goes down. Below zero it really rattles those first few seconds. I keep mine outside in a tent with no heat of any kind.

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #15  
A bit off topic; but I see the fuel gauge show you are about empty. A full tank in winter prevents condensation.

/ My SU3300 smokes alot when starting #16  
The other possibility is that the injectors are leaking. Is it worse when it sits for a longer period? Is it still heavy smoke in warmer weather?

Ken