Grading Kubota L 5740 for grading tractor

/ Kubota L 5740 for grading tractor
MtnViewRanch said:
The M series tractors are AG tractors and are bigger than the Grand L's. Yes the largest Grand Ls are as big as the small M's, but the M's get a lot bigger than the Grand L's. I believe that you can get just as nice if not nicer cabs on the M series vs the Grand L's.

I would prefer as much H/P as I can get in a small size , that's why I'm thinking the 5740 would nice , no too big .

/ Kubota L 5740 for grading tractor #33  
Dirtmonkey,

Have you looked at a JD 4520? They are really nice. It would be the JD equivalent just to make sure you compare all makes/models for whats best.

MartianTractorMan said:
Dirtmonkey,

Have you looked at a JD 4520? They are really nice. It would be the JD equivalent just to make sure you compare all makes/models for whats best.

Yes. We have 8 Deere's and that's what we like but the last Deere purchase , the dealer , really p ****d me off ! I don't mind the other machines, they're all good and I I don't mind thinking out side of the box. What is unfortunate is that the Deere dealer is the closest dealer to my shop. But, I don't mind driving driving 200 miles ( if I have to ) to make a point. Stubborn maybe ? Thank you for your input though! The only thing I did not like was the cab doors or lack of a separate window opening in the Deere ! My experience is the heater or A/C will always break when you don't warn it to and I want to be able to open a window and not the whole door if I'm working in confined spaces. "Know what I mean VERN ". Well the real reason is , so that my Jack Russel Terrier won't jump out while I'm working. Lol. He loves to hunt!

I think the mahindras have a sun roof.

/ Kubota L 5740 for grading tractor #36  
dirtmonkey said:
Yes. We have 8 Deere's and that's what we like but the last Deere purchase , the dealer , really p ****d me off ! I don't mind the other machines, they're all good and I I don't mind thinking out side of the box. What is unfortunate is that the Deere dealer is the closest dealer to my shop. But, I don't mind driving driving 200 miles ( if I have to ) to make a point. Stubborn maybe ? Thank you for your input though! The only thing I did not like was the cab doors or lack of a separate window opening in the Deere ! My experience is the heater or A/C will always break when you don't warn it to and I want to be able to open a window and not the whole door if I'm working in confined spaces. "Know what I mean VERN ". Well the real reason is , so that my Jack Russel Terrier won't jump out while I'm working. Lol. He loves to hunt!

I know what your saying there. I was in thAt situation years ago when I was comparing except it was the Kubota dealer that had driven me out of the store. And I've owned Deere since. I was leaning Deere anyway but the Deere vs Kubota salesman was like night and day and made my decision even easier.

And I agree they need some sort of window - the only one that can be open while operating is the back and I couldn't imagine much air flow - I have open station so I have plenty of airflow! Actually to much!

/ Kubota L 5740 for grading tractor #37  
I think the 5740 would be a fine choice. The HST+ transmission is great. The HST transmission is very precise making it very easy to work in tight areas. If you test one make sure you try the H-DS function. It basically switches between high range and low range without even letting off the HST pedal.

For example if you have a pile of sod in the front of a house and you need to move it to the rear you can leave the tractor in "M" and when you drive into the pile to load the bucket you can just push the lever and shift into low while you are filling your bucket without having to stop, shift, then start again and then having to shift back into "M" each time you get a load.