L5740 safely kill switch

/ L5740 safely kill switch #1  

john10

Tractor
kubota L5740Cab, M7060, RTV900 & John Deere F930
I just traded my L5340 for a L5730 and I was not able to disconnect the engine kill switch under the seat on the new model. I tape down the button on the right side of the seat. but they have a second switch in or under the seat I have not found. One of the main jobs I use the tractor for is spot spraying weeds. I have a sixty gallon pto sprayer with a fifty foot hose and walk steep hill sides. Which I can not do without the kill switch disable. Does anybody have suggestions?

/ L5740 safely kill switch #2  
I just traded my L5340 for a L5730 and I was not able to disconnect the engine kill switch under the seat on the new model. I tape down the button on the right side of the seat. but they have a second switch in or under the seat I have not found. One of the main jobs I use the tractor for is spot spraying weeds. I have a sixty gallon pto sprayer with a fifty foot hose and walk steep hill sides. Which I can not do without the kill switch disable. Does anybody have suggestions?

Welcome to the site. If you tip your seat right up you can run the tractor with the PTO running while out of the machine. You don't need to disconnect anything. Same goes for using a log splitter via PTO.

/ L5740 safely kill switch
Thanks 4shorts but I just tried it and tipping the seat does not stop the kill switch. There a new switch on the 2011.

/ L5740 safely kill switch #4  
You have to be in neutral and the brake on....in the manual.

/ L5740 safely kill switch #5  
Set the parking brake before tilting your seat up. The two together, at least on open station GLs are needed. If you have a center PTO you have to have it disengaged or it will also kill the engine.

/ L5740 safely kill switch
You were right 4shorts. I had to untape my seat button before tipping the seat foreward would work. Thanks

/ L5740 safely kill switch #7  
You were right 4shorts. I had to untape my seat button before tipping the seat foreward would work. Thanks

Great. Safer and less frustrating now :laughing: Glad it worked out for you. Hope you enjoy the site. Great people on here. Good luck. :thumbsup: