The Hill and why I had to have 4X4

/ The Hill and why I had to have 4X4 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Believe it or not I used to plow this with our 1947 Farmall Cub with chains and a front mounted blade. It scared the h#$$ out me! I'd get about half way up and start slidin backwards. There ain't no ROPS on a 47 farmall /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm thinkin maybe a rear blade for next winter. The drive is made out of red shale. I'm gonna try to get some better pictures and update my webpage one of these days.
Kevin

Attachments

• 254815-Hilldigi1.jpg
    254815-Hilldigi1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 512
   / The Hill and why I had to have 4X4
Nice Driveway. We have one very similar. Our house is up top, so the first pass is down and gives me something clear to run up if things are bad. I currently have just a Sears 18.5 Hp with a single stage blower on the front - it does amazingly well, just don't get off the driveway with it or you are stuck.

I have crush as my pack. To smooth it out I took a landscape rake, took the three point attachmnet off and put a 1 7/8" trailer hitch on it. I use my Astro AWD to pull the rake - works great.

All that will change soon. I have a B7800 on order - can't wait!

Your sides look steep. I see some erosion. We have similar problems and the trees like to fall down when the roots get too exposed. Sooner or later Mother Nature will give us a nice smooth slope, but in the mean time the chanin saw will be busy.

How does rain do with your erosion on the driveway itself? As I said we have crush and I always have a oile around to fill the potholes and ruts. I have reinforced parts with cement (the soft spots) and have put small "speed bumps" to divert the water off. When the Bota comes I will be grading it a little better.

Any helpgul hints?

Thanks,

Frank D. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif