New B2620 what do I need?

/ New B2620 what do I need? #1  

Edbuck

My wife got me a B2620 with FEL and blast box for Christmas. This is my first tractor and what things should I have on hand for regular maintenance? The main objectives for the tractor is plowing the 800' paved driveway and clearing snow around the barn and horse paddocks. I will also use it for firewood hauling and brush clearing. I hope to lease 15-20 acres of farm land for retriever training and want to get a brush hog.

P1060167.jpg

/ New B2620 what do I need? #2  
Wow, what a gift. :thumbsup:

A quart of Kubota brand 15w40 motor oil, Gallon of Kubota UDT or SUDT hydrualic oil, and a little 80w90 gear oil for the front axle should take care of any top off's you may need before the first service. Be sure to check the oil level in the front axle after a week or so, sometimes they don't get quite full from the factory.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #3  
Edbuck nice tractor.I have the same thing but mine has the backhoe. You should think about getting a wear bar and a tooth bar for our bucket. I have both a wear bar and a tooth bar for mine. I got mine from W.R.Long. Here is the link for them.W.R.Long the 4N1 Bucket People but you can only order from a dealer not direct from them.here is some pic of my B2620 TLB.

Attachments

• tractor pics 333.jpg
    tractor pics 333.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 676
  • tractor pics 344.jpg
    tractor pics 344.jpg
    913.4 KB · Views: 699
  • tractor pics 418.jpg
    tractor pics 418.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 732
Last edited:
   / New B2620 what do I need? #4  
Edbuck said:
My wife got me a B2620 with FEL and blast box for Christmas.

.....ahhhh... Does she have a sister? Lol!

Seriously - that is an awesome gift! Congratulations. Very nice tractor.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #5  
Get a Workshop manual from Kubota, a good grease gun, proper grease, and fluid film. You may want to to coat the under carriage (best done when the air temperature is over 85 so as to ease application) and wheel rims with fluid film. It does a good job of stopping rust. Happy tractoring!

/ New B2620 what do I need? #6  
Nice machine Edbuck....:thumbsup:

with 800' of driveway to clear snow, a rear back blade or box blade will come in handy.......Ya gotta keep Mrs Santa Happy..:D

/ New B2620 what do I need? #7  
what size wear bar did you select

/ New B2620 what do I need? #8  
Very nice machine. Be sure to tell the wife you love her often as you will be spending more time on the 'bota than with her. LOL

Picked up on future brush hogging. Brush Hog is a brand name as well as a generic term to describe what around these parts call shredders. In my area Craigs List is a good source for used shredders if you are so inclined.

I have used this site to size a mower to my tractor.
TractorData.com - Mowing with tractors

Find and grease all the FEL zerks often - I try to service mine after 10 hours of heavy use.

I am loving my newly installed hydraulic top link by Fit Rite.
Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com

Of course that means you will need a remote hydraulic connection. You can go Kubota or roll your own. There are several threads on the site on how to roll your own hydraulics.

I find a set of bucket forks to be very useful.
Paynes Forks Light-Duty Forks 1200-Lb. Capacity, Kubota Orange, Model# PFO1200 | Bucket Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

After 30 minutes of wrestling with my 3 point mower in 98?ー 98% humidity to get it hooked up I had to take a break before I started mowing. No More!

Quick Hitch Adapters | 3-Point + PTO Hardware | Farm + Acreage | Northern Tool + Equipment

Owning a tractor can be real fun! :)

/ New B2620 what do I need? #9  
taos you have to measurethe in side of your bucket. To get the right size for your bucket.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #10  
Congratulations! That's one fine wife I mean one fine tractor!:)
I bought my first Kubota 9 years ago and have been back to Barlows (Kubota Dealer) 12 more times to sign new contracts. I've bought and sold/traded implements throug the years.
What you buy for implements SHOULD be based on your needs. Actually one can buy and try different attachable implements and see if they are what they need and only cost/lose maybe a hundred or so on each one. Depends on what one pays and then how much one can sell it for or like some people, put it back some where until it rusts away. Used implements can bring about 40% to 60% of what you pay plus or minus 40 to 60%.:) No, really if one shops wisely and buys good implements and then can be patient and work at reselling them they can or should get most of their money back.
I bought about 5 acres and attacked it with my BX2200, FEL and MMM. Later added a Boxblade and tooth bar then discovered the little tractor would do more than I expected but I still wanted more so moved up to a bigger B7800 and on up and then back down from there. I also discovered that an expert dozer/track loader man could do in one hour what took me days to do and more safely on my hill sides. I do mostly landscaping of my property and mowing. Some small gardening. I do my own fluidm filters and greasing. To simple and easy to not do myself. It also helps me know my Kubotas better. I have no manuals other than the included owners manual, I have a good set or two or three of Craftsman tools. Oil catch pan and oil/hydraulic filter remover tool, the one that you slip over the filter and as you turn it tightens and then with enough energy the filter spins off. Have used the same filter remover tool on all of mine, fits them all and gets in to the locations of the filters.
FELs are required thus requiring rear weight which to me means a boxblade which is usable for landscaping. I have a tiller for small gardening. I had teeth on my FEL to keep it from wearing out and to help me dig, some people swear by them but I'm not one of them, sold mine and good riddance. I'll never wear the front out of my bucket and the teeth hindered the type of use I was doing with my FEL.
I have a RatchetRake which can only be bought now from Tractor Supply. It stays on my bucket (loaned it to my neighbor, will go get it when I need it) all the time. The RR is the easiest off and on implement and one of the most used implements for my purposes that I own, finish landscaping.
What little snow removal that I have done I do with the front bucket with the RR off.
I now have a single bottom plow and it's cool. It will make the neatest ditch about 8" wide and 8" deep with the dirt laid up on one side that you've ever seen. It will also tear up ground for tilling for a garden. It'll probably do more but that's all I've used it for so far.
I have lived with several Kubotas for several years with out a topntilt but I think if one has the money and the need they look great and could/can be useful. It's easy spending someone elses money.:laughing:
I have a BH on one tractor and I use it alot but I'll move a tree/shrub/grass in a heart beat or add more trees/shrubs/grasses in a heart beat. Is it worth $6000 ? Since I pay monthly and I'll still have it after it's paid off and I'm meeting all my bill payments and I'm not really lusting after some other machine/vehicle/boat/trip/TV then yes, it's worth it to me but I lived 8 years of tractoring without it. Different needs for different folks.
I've used MMM and rear finish mowers. Between the two I prefer the rear finish mower on a tractor. I now mow with Kubota F model front deck mowers so don't have either a MMM or RFM anymore.
I had a hillside trail that was getting over grown. I bought a 4' wide Bush hog/ Brush hog/ Rotary mower. My tractor B2320 on my hillside seems fitted with the right size rotary mower and I think that would be about right for yours, maybe a 5' if your land is level.
Bottom line. Use your tractor a year and the imlements you need you'll figure out along with reading TBN. Some people believe whatever they bought is the greatest thing for every one else. It ain't so. Many people don't need a RatchetRake (though I can't think of anyone that wouldn't:laughing:) but to me it is one of my most used implements for my uses. No need for tilling, then no need for a tiller. Never dig holes then maybe no need for a BH. But there is one other universal rule about implements. Some times you never know you need them until you have them and then it can be a WOW I've needed this for a long time and why didn't I get it sooner (BH for me).
Any way, filter the suggestions and weigh your wallet and then go buy implements.:thumbsup: