Affordable chain?

/ Affordable chain? #1  

Watercarving

Tractor
Kubota b2920
So after all the advice on chains I decided on 5/16 grade 70 or 3/8 grade 43. Went to Tractor Supply and it was $65 for 20' with hooks or $3.79 per foot for raw chain. I wasn't expecting that much. Is there a better place to buy or is that a good price.

Also, they didn't have any grab links or Clevis pins as big as I needed. Seemed strange.

Thanks.

/ Affordable chain? #2  
Tractor Supply is kind of a on the expensive side in my opinion. Here is another source you could use.

Grade 70 Chain -

/ Affordable chain? #3  
Lowes has had a decent price on a pack of grade 70 chain in the past. I got a couple there, and am happy with them, though I needed to put different ends on for a couple special setups.

/ Affordable chain? #4  
Lowes has pretty good prices on chain,and harbor freight is having a sale now.32.99 for 20 ft 5/16 grade 70 or 24.99 for 14ft grade 43.

/ Affordable chain? #6  
Harbor Freight carries that chain as hard as it may be to believe.

I think they have it on special this month. If you go to the HF website you can search for "chain".

5/16" x 20 Ft. Trucker's Chain

/ Affordable chain? #7  
I think the Lowes chain is made in the USA.

/ Affordable chain? #8  
One of the things with chain is that the shipping charges can be very high. However, I did notice that Harbor Freight is running a $7 shipping for everything through 12/31.

I usually get my tie downs and chain from A-W Direct. Quality and good service but probably not cheap. But they have anything you need for towing and tie downs.

Ken

/ Affordable chain? #9  
One thing to think about... 5/16" chain will be heavy. I would recommend getting a high quality small diameter chain. I have one and it has never broken and I have used it for a lot.
It is light and easy to move.
I use it for pulling stumps, moving stuff, pulling stuff, lifting stuff. It has one hook on each end.

/ Affordable chain? #10  
Here is the Lowes chain, $38 Made in USA. I have 1 from Lowes and 1 from HF. The HF chain has lots of weld flash on the links and oversized 3/8" hooks which can be harder to thread and add stress to the hooked link. I would say the Lowes chain is worth the few extra $ on quality alone, Made in USA is a bonus.
Shop Campbell Commercial 5/16" x 20' Tow Hook Chain at Lowes.com