fel removal with fel question

/ fel removal with fel question #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a BX2200 with fel and a Curtis cab. Ordinarily, the fel is quite easy to remove from a BX2200 with just the two large pins but the cab is built around the hydraulic controls so this is not an option. The dealer say leave the hyraulics on the tractor and seperate the loader on that side by removing the pins that hold the cylinder and the loader arm to the main upright. My thought was to remove the three bolts that hold the actual controls onto the upright and just push it down until its horizontal and will just slide out of the opening in the cab. I don't like the dealer's suggestion because it feels like I would have to drive those pins out with a punch every time. The main pins rotate freely when the loader is flat on the ground but these pins don't budge.

How do others with a cab handle this? I won't use the loader while mowing but would like to be able to take it on and off readily. This was one of the selling points of this tractor since my last one took an hour to attach a snow blower. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ fel removal with fel question #2  
I too have a 2200 with a rigid cab. The dealer is right, it is best to remove the two pins and leave the control in place. I found you have to tweek the instructions that comes with the FEL. After you put down the jacks and lock them into place, tilt the bucket to about 20 degrees or so and then push the joy stick up until you see the tractor begin to lift off the floor. At that point I stand to the right side of the tractor and fiddle with the joy stick (both up and or down) until the two pins are loose. Remove the securement devices and the the pins should pull right out. Remove the large pin from the left side. Tilt the buck up slightly until the FEL lifts off the machine. Be careful that you dont stress out the hydraulic lines as there is not much slack in any of the lines.
I've done it this way a few times and after a while it becomes easier.

/ fel removal with fel question
Thanks! I'm printing this out as we speak! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I <font color="red"> LOVE </font> this place! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ fel removal with fel question #4  
Actually there was a guy here on TBN who posted several nice pictures of the bracket he made to relocate the control valve to the loader tractor reciever. That way you can still just pull the two pins to remove the loader but the control valve stays on the tractor. Try doing a search to find it.

/ fel removal with fel question #5  
On my BX2200, I ordered it with the 4-way valve. It appears that the only difference in that case was the valve itself. On my BX22, I ordered it with a 4-way valve. It is basically the same, except that instead of cotter pins on the right-hand side, there are removable linch pins. It also came with a separate set of instructions on how to remove the FEL while leaving the control (and support column) on the tractor. I will dig around and see if I can find those instructions.

Kevin

/ fel removal with fel question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( itself. On my BX22, I ordered it with a 4-way valve. It is basically the same, except that instead of cotter pins on the right-hand side, there are removable linch pins. It also came with a separate set of instructions on how to remove the FEL while leaving the control (and support column) on the tractor. I will dig around and see if I can find those instructions.)</font>

Yeah, I have the linch pins too. When I first got it it had the cotter pins but it went back to the dealer for some service / prep issues and when it returned it had linch pins installed.

Those instructions would be very helpful if you could find them!

/ fel removal with fel question #7  
Robert,

Sorry it took so long. I finally got the instructions that came with my 4-way valve scanned. This is my first attempt to post an image, so here goes.

Kevin

Attachments

• 266781-Image001.jpg
    266781-Image001.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 268
   / fel removal with fel question #8  
PAGE 2

Attachments

• 266783-Image0011.jpg
    266783-Image0011.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 202
   / fel removal with fel question #9