BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS!

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
I have no idea why I waited so long. It took me only 10 or 15 minutes (with a three year old "helping me",... probably 7 without). So off was no problem, but going back on was a bit tricky. It seemed that the "line up" was never quite right. But I just lowered it on and it wiggled itself in place. I did have to move the tractor forward a bit after the left side engage. The only real question I have is if there is a certain way you have to lower the loader on to the tractor. I moved it the wrong way once or twice and then I was worried that I was stressing the stand legs as I trial and errored my way in to reattaching the loader. Should I roll the bucket back or lower the bucket. Which way should I push the control lever, to engage the loader back on to the tractor.
Thanks,

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #2  
Rogue, as you can see, the FEL is pretty easy to take off an on but it does require a bit of practice to get all the motions down pat. That's exactly what I suggest you do...pick a day and repeatedly take it off and on, at least to the point just shy of disconnecting the hydo lines. Then go all the way, drive off and come back in to reinstall it. Try that a few times. You should have the hang of it fairly quickly.

BTW, I do roll the bucket to assist with some of the motions.

(Do be careful with that young one around...but you knew that already!)

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #3  
I routinely remove and attach the loader sometimes several times in a single day. It is to heavy and tears up my ground if I leave it on except when I need it and it greatly reduces mowing manuverability. I can go on and off in a just a few minutes--it is a no brainer. J

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS!
I'm not saying it was really that hard, I guess I just think I moved the stick the wrong way when lowering it and so it took me a while to recover.

The three year old was really there to go for help in case I got myself hooribly mamed /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... Kind of like Lassie!

Is there any concern of dust getting in to the system through the couplers during the disconnection of them. And then when reconnected, if the dust gets in, does the filter take care of that?

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #6  
That's why there are those little rubber covers on all the connectors. Always use them when the lines are not connected together.

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #7  
rogue,
When I detach the loader the last thing I do is tap the fel lift position lightly with the tractor in neutral. The tractor will back up and the bottom of the attachment arms are then canted out at the bottom. Then I unhook the hydraulics. Since the attachment points are controlled by the lift cylinders, when you go to re-attach the arms are out a little and they will adjust into position when you drive into the fel.
Gotta get to work. Hope this helps.
DaveL

True enough, but the covers are a little dusty themselves. Should I be washing them up before I disconect the loader?
Also when you drive in to the loader, do you drive in until you shove the loader a tad, to get it squared up?

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #9  
jbecker....
When I install my FEL I try to getin centered and drive up to where it almost touches......being a coward, I then keep the moter running and put the speed range lever in neutral and because I am on concrete I push the tractor into place....Maybe I'll get brave someday and drive the tractor into position!

/ BX FEL REMOVED, 1RST TIME IN 1.5 YEARS! #10  
had my b2400 2 years now , have never taken the bucket off, would feel naked without it. the mowing i do with it is field mowing and the wieght out front does not bother me. i just keep it low and go slow.' not sure if i aske before but i bought my tractor form rittenour in butler, u familiar with them?