Thank the Lord for Kubota

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #1  

HighTwelve

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, JD 325, JD LX255, JD355D, several restored 1939 to 1952 Ford N’s
Haven't been on this forum for a while because the L3010 is working fine. I bought it used based on a tip on this forum - horse riding academy going out of biz, everything for sale. Had it trucked from TN to PA. Had to replace one tail light.

My other alternative was a NEW Korean tractor. I just looked over those forums and it's a nightmare - companies going out of biz, different distributors for the same tractor, parts problems. Tractors seem OK but the problem is the support network.

Man, did I make the right decision . 3 bota dealers within 30 miles, got the tail light in 2 days. Getting ready for 400 hr service when spring breaks.

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #2  
Probably most tractors being sold are fair to OK to good.but as you say the support system makes a big difference. Big, big difference.
Almost any thing will break at some point in time which is normal. Being able to fix it when it does can be easy or a nightmare.
I bought a Datsun in the late 60s. Great car, beat the VW in reliability, speed, creature comforts (heaters had fans) and gas mileage that they were from different worlds (yep, owned a couple of Beetles) but at that time most mechanics would refuse to work on Datsun/Toyota and there were very few parts available in most states and even the US. Good thing they didn't break to easy or to often. I liked the Datsun 2000 Roadster so much that I traded it to a Datsun 240Z and prayed it wouldn't "break".:)

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #3  
Yes, I am partial to orange paint as well, but I also like green! Echoing the first post there are a lot of good tractors available, but a good dealer is indispensible! I have an excellent Kubota dealer just 10 miles from me and that had a lot to do with my decision, the JD dealers are about 30 miles away. I am on my 2nd Kubota now and if it serves me as well as my first one did I will be totatlly satisfied.

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #4  
My Kubota dealer is 14 miles away. They offer excellent, dependable, fast, and caring service. If you call during business hours, any question that you have, will be addressed by a knowledgeable employee or the owner. :thumbsup:

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #5  
Boone

Attachments

• imagesCA82NI5V.jpg
    imagesCA82NI5V.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 214
   / Thank the Lord for Kubota #6  
Dealer service BIG must,thank goodness There's outstanding dealer near me. :)

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #7  
Not every dealer will be perfect but there are 3 good ones within 25 miles and several more within 50 miles.

The other thing with the off brand tractors is will their dealers be there in the next year? I've seen several of them disappear in the last two years and they were far and few before that.

I've only needed dealer support twice in the dozen+ years that I've owned Kubota. Currently I have seven pieces of Kubota equipment.

Ken

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #8  
Yes, that's why I stayed away from the brands which didn't have a solid dealer network. No use buying a tractor you intend to keep for many years if those parts aren't available to keep it running.

HP

Last edited:
   / Thank the Lord for Kubota #9  
Then again my local Dodge dealership just went out of business, and GM nearly folded.? makes one wonder.

/ Thank the Lord for Kubota #10  
Yup, no guarantees in life except taxes and death. I guess we try to hedge our bets the best we can.;)

HP