Jerky Hitch Fixed!

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #1  

kubotacres

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560 HST
Well I got my tractor back today with a smooth operational 3 pt hitch. No more jerkyness when lifting items and when grading. It took a little help from my dealer and a call to Kubota Corp but it all worked out. My jerk was sloppy as heck and hopped the front of my tractor off the ground on several occasions. I tried my best to make it do something today and it's a smooth as butter. Also the work was performed under warranty and no cost to me. I can't wait to start finishing my barn now! :thumbsup:

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #2  
Well I got my tractor back today with a smooth operational 3 pt hitch. No more jerkyness when lifting items and when grading. It took a little help from my dealer and a call to Kubota Corp but it all worked out. My jerk was sloppy as heck and hopped the front of my tractor off the ground on several occasions. I tried my best to make it do something today and it's a smooth as butter. Also the work was performed under warranty and no cost to me. I can't wait to start finishing my barn now! :thumbsup:

You need to go buy a lottery ticket as you are one of the "few, yea lucky few, yea band of brothers".. Most of us cannot get our dealers or regional reps to do anything about it.

James K0UA

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #3  

Great news. That's the way it should be. My dealer did the same back in 2005. This seems to indicate the problem may be more with dealers than Kubota.

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #4  
kubotacres said:

....so what did the dealer say was the problem?

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #5  
I see you don't have a FEL in your Avatar... So a jerky hitch would be more noticeable!!! I would also love to know what your dealer was able to do to fix it... Was it just adjusting the valve or was it replaced? (and with which model?)

Congrats, and welcome to the club :p

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed!
I see you don't have a FEL in your Avatar... So a jerky hitch would be more noticeable!!! I would also love to know what your dealer was able to do to fix it... Was it just adjusting the valve or was it replaced? (and with which model?)

Congrats, and welcome to the club :p

I just bought a new Front Grill Guard with weights to actually help with the front-end being light. But there shouldn't be any problems like before with the hitch not hopping like a jackrabbit.

As for the fix, no replacement was made, just adjustments. However I'm still unclear as to the specific fix. It shows that two parts were submitted under warranty.

Assy Valve Control Part# YR908-00105
O Ring Part# 04817-00120

Then it reads that the control valve was removed and adjusted to spec in manual. So I'm assuming the valve may have been replaced and then adjusted. Either way the adjustments they made fixed the problem. Actually about to go start lifting some railroad ties now to test it out...

And yes i believe the Dealer is probably 75% the reason for getting my tractor fixed.

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #7  
The fix is interesting. I will say this. When I installed a rear remote and connected a cylinder to it, the 3PH was jerky as all get out. I just had a 6' rear blade on the tractor and a loader on the front and it made the tractor bounce a fair amount.

I topped the SUDT fluid off to make up for what went to fill the new hoses and cylinder, and operated the hitch a few more times and it's back to being smooth as can be. I wonder if my experience has any relationship to the jerky hitches that have been reported on here. ....maybe air in the system, or the 3PH is extremely sensitive to the level of SUDT?

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #9  
And yes i believe the Dealer is probably 75% the reason for getting my tractor fixed.

I would bet it's more like 95% the reason. MOST dealership mechanics are quite incompetent at doing anything other than routine work or reading something out of the book. From my research on it it's not a very cut and dry fix. Glad you found one that was able to diagnose and fix the problem. :thumbsup:

/ Jerky Hitch Fixed! #10  
The repair is an adjustment to the control valve under the 3 point hitch cover. Apperantly they are mis adjusted. Anyway, any dealer can do it. If they do not know how, they can call the Kubota Tech line and get help. This applys to L3200 and L3800s only. It is my understanding that they do not have serial number breaks on which ones were incorrectly adjusted. Correction to my previous note, the L2800/3400/4400/3200/3800 (at least the late production of the L2800/3400) all have the same valve on them. It is my understanding (from customers and TBN users) that when this valve is adjusted correctly, it operates well with in customer expectations. Please note that the early L2800 and L3400 did have a differant valve that did not have the same operating charactoristics as the "better" valves. Sorry for the confusion, TEG got me straight on this.

Last edited: