M 6800 Evaporator

/ M 6800 Evaporator #1  

fcoats

Tractor
Kubota 6800
I recently purchased a 2004 M6800 that had the cab top dented and cracked. This allowed dust and dirt to enter. I removed the top. Is there a way to clean the AC and heater coil in the top so the fan can operate better?
The parts list shows the coils andfan as a unit and the WSM doesn't go into how to access the coils for cleaning.
The condenser coil is clean and its putting out cold air, just not much volume. The fan seems to be blowing OK, but it has back pressure on the fan. I think it is caused by the evaprator and or heater coil being clogged. Seems it does not allow air to flow thru the coils to the cab interior.

Thanks

/ M 6800 Evaporator #2  
You should be able to take the 'air box' off... there is a lot of fasteners around the perimeter... vacuum it out, spray it down with evaporator coil cleaner ... and then flush everything out with water.... during the flush out, you will have the opportunity to insure that the condensation drip lines are clear & not clogged.... KennyV

/ M 6800 Evaporator #3  
i have a m6800 with cab and just to be truthful with you i dont think they ever have much volume when it comes to the air in them . it seems that there is so much glass on a cab tractor it is hard for the air to keep up . that seems to be the case with mine anyway

/ M 6800 Evaporator
Thanks I also have a crack along the roof seam. Do you have any suggestions on how to seal it so dust and dirt aren't pulled into the coils again?

/ M 6800 Evaporator #5  
if it was mine depending on cost i would replace the roof . if not a option . i would look into some type of heavy duty tape . maybe some type of caulk . i guess alot depends wear the crack is and how bad it is .if it lets air and dust in it will most likely let water in also . hope this helps

/ M 6800 Evaporator
I talked with a man today that does plastic welding. I also found a site online that sells a polymer glue that may work as well. The welder mainly repairs cracked plastic herbicide tanks and similar items. He sais he would need to look at it to know if he could do it or not.

/ M 6800 Evaporator #7  
i dont know much about the plastic welding but i would think that roof top will be to thin . i know there is some two part epoxy that drys very hard that might work . if it is a cracked seam should be simple if it is riped open then i dont know what to tell you . ive had my top off befor and there sure is not much to it