BX 3PH

/ BX 3PH #1  

AHNC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2660 & BX-23
While wrestling with attachment of a couple implements, I see that only the rt side lift arm is adjustable. The left side is a ridgid arm. Is it just a cost reduction issue for the hitches? I've not had problems attaching or adjusting, but was wondering if this is standard fare on 3PH's. Is there a reason to add the adjustable arm to the left side?

/ BX 3PH #2  
Nothing wrong. That's just to allow you to adjust the relative height between the two lift arms in case you want to tip a blade or some other implement.

/ BX 3PH #3  
Not really a reason to have both arms adjustable. You should have lots of adjustment to tilt your blade or level other attachments. Make sure you tighten the jam nut on the adjustable arm, mine seems to come loose quite often if the jam nut is not tight enough.

/ BX 3PH #4  
I believe one adjustable lift arm is standard fare all the way up to the big boys (M series, for example). I have seen some guys use the manually adjustable lift link on the other side after they add hydraulic top and tilt. Two would be nice but is not considered necessary.

/ BX 3PH #5  
This is good to know. One day I may actually have to open the box with the 3PH to see how it all works

/ BX 3PH #6  
I made both of mine adjustable since they would not lower enough to engage the box blade. Not sure if this normal or not but mine would only lower to around 8" above the ground.

/ BX 3PH #7  
i have a BX 25, wrestling with those QH arms, turnbuckles, spreadig out, and all that stuff is why I got a Quick Hitch (QH). Went from 1/2 hour groveling in the dirt to 5 min standing up or on the seat. Best thing I ever did, I am getting too old for that groveling work. Now I am convinced to get the tilt and top arm hydraulics to make it even better.

Ron

/ BX 3PH #8  
If you hook up the adjustable side... and crank on the adjustable side... it will move the other "non-adjustable" side. I do that a bunch to hook things up (I don't always set implements on flat ground :confused2:)