New L5740 HSTC

/ New L5740 HSTC #1  

greenrider1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC
I know this is a little late, since I actually took delivery of my new tractor back on the 5th, but I thought I'd share some pictures. I ended up getting the L5740 HSTC with the LA854 loader, QA bucket, third function valve on loader, R4 tires (rears loaded), one rear remote (probably more in the future), rear work lights, rear glass defrost, rear wiper (yet to be installed). Thanks to Neil and the rest of the folks at Messick's Equipment. They truly are a pleasure to deal with. Also, thanks to the great folks here on TBN for all the great write-ups on the L5740, which helped sway my decision to upgrade.

My outgoing tractor, which had served me very well was an L3710 HST open platform. I decided to upgrade for some more HP and a cab for snow removal. I have a 7' Lorenz 3-pt double auger blower, 8' Fisher HD plow that I need to convert for the FEL, 6' Land pride 3-pt finish mower, and a 7' back blade.

attachment.php

Sorry, the pics aren't great. It was a dreary, rainy day. I just had the tractor out to do a little grading of some crushed stone in the driveway. It's about all I've been able to use it for since our ground is so wet right now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my first custom mod. It's a 7-wire round trailer wire receptacle so I can have trailer lights for the few times I pull my firewood trailer down the road. I used a spare hole in the cab mount to attach the bracket, and spliced into the existing wiring so I have tail lights and turn signals. I ran all the extra wiring in the factory split loom so it looks factory installed.

attachment.php

Here is my two year old daughter enjoying Daddy's new tractor. I think she enjoys using it more than I do!

attachment.php

Here is my L3710 (SOLD) and my little girl.

attachment.php

Here is my L3710 and my firewood trailer. Not sure what that white stuff is on the ground.:confused3: Now that I have purchased a new tractor with a cab, it will probably never snow again at my house! We usually get at least a couple storms a year with drifts chest deep.

I haven't had much seat time in the new unit, but overall I think I will be really pleased with this tractor. My only gripes so far are the paint quality on the undercarriage. Underneath the tractor the gray paint seems really thin, and it's actually rusting lightly in places already. Also, when looking under the rear of the cab, there are several areas where the gray paint did not cover well as it was sprayed around things. I can see white primer in corners and behind hard hydraulic lines, etc. I guess I'll have to do a little touch up, which shouldn't be necessary on a 40k machine. Maybe I'm just being overly picky, but I don't recall my 3710 having the thin paint issues? Also, the hydro tranny seems different than my 3710. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, but it doesn't seem as smooth. Situations like just backing out of the barn, there's a little lip on the edge of the concrete floor where it goes down to the gravel, and it seems to "coast" for a second and then catch itself, which jerks the machine. It also seems to coast down hill for a second when I let off the pedal, and then creep. My 3710 didn't do this. Again, maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Maybe the transmission needs to break in? My 3710 had just over 600 hrs when I bought it, so I have no idea what it was like when new.

Anyways, I can't wait to get some snow so I can test out my new toy, uh, I mean tool, in the snow. I'll get some pics with the blower on when we finally get enough snow to require it. This is the first winter I can ever remember where I didn't have to do any snow removal by now.

Attachments

• IMG_2889[1].JPG
    IMG_2889[1].JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 4,824
  • IMG_2891[1].JPG
    IMG_2891[1].JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 4,471
  • IMG_2888[1].JPG
    IMG_2888[1].JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,213
  • IMG_2887[1].JPG
    IMG_2887[1].JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,854
  • IMG_2832[1].JPG
    IMG_2832[1].JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,679
  • IMG_2686[1].jpg
    IMG_2686[1].jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG_2808[1].JPG
    IMG_2808[1].JPG
    46 KB · Views: 2,575
   / New L5740 HSTC #4  
Congrats looks great, beautiful little girl.

/ New L5740 HSTC #5  
Very nice tractor and agree with Bob; beautiful little girl.:thumbsup:

/ New L5740 HSTC #6  
thats a nice looking tractor,an your lil girl is a cutie.

/ New L5740 HSTC #7  
Nice machine, I jsut went from a L4330 gst to a L4740 hstc and although the machine is very nice, I too noticed the paint issues as well as am having a very hard time adjusting to the HST.

On the paint side of the equation, I had my dealer give me some of the gray paint and I have clean and touched up many areas.

Mike

/ New L5740 HSTC #9  
Congrats on your new tractor. Your going to love the cab in these things. Power to spare and a machine that can do just about anything. Yes you'll see a few places underneath that the spray gun seemed to miss but on mine there was only two small areas. I just bought a few shaker cans of paint from my dealer andtouched them up and all was well. I still have a can and a half for other touch ups if need be.

I've been out snow clearing three times this week and really enjoy the machine. I'm up to 26 hours at this point.
You got two beauties my friend , your little girl and your new tractor. :thumbsup:

/ New L5740 HSTC
Thanks for all the replies. I think this tractor should fit my needs very well. We just got about one ft of snow on my hill that I will get to play in when I get home.:) I'd take some pics blowing snow, but it's already dark out, and I need to get the snow moved tonight so I can get to work tomorrow. We're supposed to get a little more tonight into tomorrow, and it's drifting pretty good. My little one in the picture is the youngest of my two daughters. She is daddy's little helper, and she loves tractors, especially ORANGE ones!;)