M7040 Third Function

/ M7040 Third Function #1  

colby587

Tractor
Kubota M7040 hydraulic shift and cab.
A few months ago we bought a new m7040 with a cab, FEL, and third function. The dealer didn't have the parts in stock for the third function so we waited until the 50 hour service to have it put on. We just got it back yesterday and it seems like the installation was half assed.

Power wire to the right side of the seat:
CameraZOOM-20120114121402100.jpg

Wires from on / off switch
CameraZOOM-20120114121422252.jpg

Wires / cables coming through the bottom of the floor
CameraZOOM-20120114121829995.jpg

Bundle of zip tied and exposed wires a foot away from the rear tires..
CameraZOOM-20120114121843559.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120114121901725.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120114121929308.jpg

Is this just normal?

/ M7040 Third Function #2  
On my 9540 open station they did a much nicer job concealing the wires. I'd take it back if it were mine.

/ M7040 Third Function
On my 9540 open station they did a much nicer job concealing the wires. I'd take it back if it were mine.

How did they route them? I'll probably just change it myself. Also, is just about all the wires and hoses around the engine held on by zip ties?

/ M7040 Third Function #4  
I was surprised when the guys in the shop said it would take them the better part of a day to install mine. Apparently it was worth it because I haven't noticed much of the additional wiring required to run it.

The wires that come out of the green on / off switch are zip tied to the joy stick and they run into the rubber boot and through the console. Other than that its a mystery to me. I'll try to look and get a better idea on how they concealed all the other wire loom.

As for the under hood wires and what not I'll check on that also.

/ M7040 Third Function
Pics would be nice if you don't mind. Thanks

/ M7040 Third Function #6  
Ha ha alrighty then. The GF has the new iphone and it has a pretty nice camera so it shouldn't be a problem.

/ M7040 Third Function #7  
The third function install is quite involved. I am sure it would take one man most of the day to install and that is if he knows what he is doing.:thumbsup:

/ M7040 Third Function #8  
Sir,

I do not how much the GL5740HSTC differes from your model, but attached is a photo of my 3rd function as it was upon delivery.

image-2815158566.png

/ M7040 Third Function #9  
Pics would be nice if you don't mind. Thanks

Here goes....

34.jpg
Ok, right here where I added the yellow arrow there was once a Zip Tie. It sat snug it the ring and held the wires to the boot. I removed it when I had to lube up the loader linkage and lost it. The cut in the boot where the wires run in is a one-off custom job. :laughing:

33.jpg
In the top center of this pic you can see the wires and the loader linkage coming through the floor. The wiring runs into a very factory looking wire loom and goes towards the front of the tractor.

32.jpg
Due to the huge metal guard I can't tell where exactly where anything ends up going.

I would say that the guys in the shop must have done a very good job since I can't even figure out where the additional wiring is.

As for under the hood and everywhere else on the machine, yes it seems like several Zip Ties are used. I'm not sure that is a bad thing though. I have some Zip Ties in the garage with a 80lb work rating. They reusable if you take two extra seconds to un-do them properly and easy to replace if you don't!!

/ M7040 Third Function
Thank you I'll try doing something like that. Now I just have to get some lines made for my grapple and some flat face fittings. I just fed the animals and the tractor had two small puddles under it, one is from a line they put in and the other is from the front hydraulic steering cylinder. Hopefully the cylinder doesn't need to be repacked...