Tires Say WHAT!!

/ Say WHAT!! #12  
I would replace it the most cost effective way you can, if that means a different manuf. just don't let anybody stand directly behind or in front of your tractor, shame hidden

/ Say WHAT!! #13  
Hi I my self have busted many tires bush hogging and loading (digging) with FEL.I know your feeling and I didnt cry I cussed every word in the line of swearing several twice. I also like some other comments had a friend that owned a tire shop and repaired tires (all sorts) had him repair the puncture to 1of my rear tractor tires. He said it might hold but doubted it with a repair of heavy rubber glued to the inside ,(he called it a liner) then a new tube ,fluid replacement etc.... I did just that ,well it lasted a couple yrs. then the tube worked the liner off, the tube then worked its way out etc... you know the rest. I replaced with another tire ,different design etc heavy ply, to add to the %^&&%$# the newer tire had deeper tread etc..... I went ahead and used this tractor for a few yrs after then the front (4x4) tire blew while loading dirt etc.... sharp shale dirt. I replaced different tire again , finally needed to replace all 4 after few more yrs. My point to all this is you have to decide what you want and bite the bullet sometime. The repair i seriously doubt will last ,if you work your tractor much (like most of us do), looks didnt matter to me, I finally put 4 new on because I needed them. The only advantage to running different, is the money you may save, for several working tractor hrs. Its up to you I hope this gives you some help.

Pat

/ Say WHAT!! #14  
If you can take the tire off in the field block the tractor up and remove it. Have a helper and put it on a truck and haul it to a competent tire shop. They can break it down and instantly know if its able to be repaired or what your best options are. A new tire that size isn't cheap, I replaced a 16.9-30 last summer and it costs over $900 for the tire, tube, fluid transfer and a small on site fee since I had them come to the farm.

/ Say WHAT!!
If you can take the tire off in the field block the tractor up and remove it. Have a helper and put it on a truck and haul it to a competent tire shop. They can break it down and instantly know if its able to be repaired or what your best options are. A new tire that size isn't cheap, I replaced a 16.9-30 last summer and it costs over $900 for the tire, tube, fluid transfer and a small on site fee since I had them come to the farm.

Yeah I think I'll take it off and run it to the store. The problems with that are...
(1) I have TWO wheel weights per side AND cast wheel centers!!!! (heavy)

(2)When I set my front wheels out they were so tight my air gun just laughed at me, I had to go to a friends shop with a 1" drive air gun.

(3) Its is in the middle of 40 acres of pure red clay.

$900 ready to go would be a dream, I was quoted $1100 for just the tire before they figured out they couldn't even get it.
And Kubota wants close to $2k for the whole assembly.

As I sit here I was just wondering how far I could drive the tractor through grass and mud without causing damage to the rim?? I realize this would probably eat up the tire though.

/ Say WHAT!! #16  
Ouch

Your story got me to wandering... Any insurance?? I think my KTAC covers such things.
I think your tire could be had, but it won't be cheap or easy.

Conway and OMalley - My Products

18.4r30 143a8/b titan hi-power lug radial r-1, titan tire - Ken Jones Tires

Joes Tires and Service - My Products

Titan Hi Power Lug Radial R-1 Tire from GLENN'S TIRE & REPAIR SERVICE OF COCOA INC.

If you got the tire there must be some sort of farm service in the area equipped to accomplish a field repair. That is how they make a living.

Good luck
Wxman

/ Say WHAT!!
Ouch

Your story got me to wandering... Any insurance?? I think my KTAC covers such things.

I too have the KTAC, after all it is financed. I'll check up on that.
Blueriver mentioned earlier field hazard warranty through Titan. I'll have to check on that also.

Any one know anything about either?? A guy who had his RTV stolen said KTAC takes something like 90 days??

/ Say WHAT!! #18  
Well, I know of KTAC covering a tire, but it wasn't a puncture only situation. It was in conjunction with other damage. Tractor was backed into implement and it damaged rear of tractor, fender and punctured tire.

So, careless and leave tractor in gear. Covered.

Accidentally run over a hidden obstacle. ???????

Good luck again.

/ Say WHAT!!
Well you know, come to think of it that is exactly what happened. Just need to grab my 9lb hammer and adjust the fender. Just kidding. :laughing:

/ Say WHAT!! #20  
Is it possible to leave the center and weights on and just take the "outer rim" and tire off? Knocks the weight WAY down and the tire can be towed out with an ATV or the like on an old hood, or homemade wooden skid? Have it repaired/replaced and don't fill it so you can reinstall it semi easily in the field then fill it once you are back to your garage/shop.
I also did a REAL fast online search and .premiertire dot com shows they have a Titan R1 in a BLEM in your size? Maybe worth checking as it could save you a bundle!
If you are getting a new tire I would make sure I had nothing on the 3pt and limp it out slow and steady. There will be some weight on that tire but the side wall will hold some and the other three will have their share so rim damage should not be an issue, especially on soft dirt.