BX Uncut Turning Radius

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi, I am new, please have mercy on me. I have been considering the BX series to replace my lawn tractor and I have concerns about the turning radius and how easy it gets around things in the yard. What is the "uncut" turning radius for the 54" and 62" decks? Is there much of a difference between the BX 1500 and the BX1800 and 2200. I have 92 acres and I thought this would be a handy little tractor to have around.
Thanks.
Clay

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius
I just mowed for the first time with my BX22. I don't know the exact turning radius; however, with a 60'' mmm, I didn't have alot of trimming to finish. I mowed 4 acres and have several fences and an apple orchard to mow around. The 60' deck protrudes from the tractor enough to get close to the fence and trees. I have noticed others on TBN say the smaller decks don't protrude enough to get close. I could get around the trees in 2, sometimes 3, passes and would be easier if I take the FEL off which I will do next time I mow. The roll bar(ROPS) hinges down which helps to get under tree limbs. I did take the BH off which is extremely easy. This doesn't answer your exact question but hope it helps.

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius #3  
Just did the first mow of the year with my BX2200 and 54" deck. I had an uncut turning DIAMETER of just over 6 feet (around 75") which would of course mean an uncut turning radius of just over 3 feet.

I only did this with a left turn (I probably should have done both a left and right turn) and I did have my bagger on, which adds rear weight but probably doesn't have an effect on the turning radius.

-- Rock

Thanks for the input Rock. That's not bad for a tractor that size. I've been debating between the 54" and the 60" deck. I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference or not.
Thanks again and happy mowin!

Clay

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius #5  
I have the 60", I will try and check this out tonight and let you know. If all things are even, then it should reduce 6" on the diameter (assuming of course that the decks are both centered). But again, I will try it out and let you know.

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius #6  
If I remember correctly my BX has an uncut radius of 28/30 inches with the 60 inch deck. That means there is a circle of uncut grass approx 56 to 60 inches across (diameter) on the inside of the turn when turning to the left. J

/ BX Uncut Turning Radius #7  
Well I gave it a shot, but my grass isn't really high enough to be sure. It appeared to me to be around 6 1/2' diameter, but again I couldn't be sure as I didn't have any really high areas.

Sorry I wasn't more help, but I guess I am still waiting for the sun to come out for more than a day and the snow to stay away for more than a week.......then maybe the grass will grow. Of course that also assumes temperatures above freezing!!!

That's alright Surfran, I appreciate the help anyway. I've been cutting grass for at least a month already. It's supposed to be 78 today and 82 tomorrow. Whew!!! Those warm temps sure do make the grass grow. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thank's again!

Clay