No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK #1  

Jabroni

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
This morning we received our first plowable snowfall, so I was anxious to try the new BX2750D snowthrower which has been mounted to my BX24 since early November. Threw open the garage doors, started it up, and hit the PTO......nothing! Cycled the control lever a few times, still nothing! Set the selector to rear and tried it, worked fine! "OK, let's try Front/Rear setting" That worked good, so I went out and did the job with that setting.

My question is: Is there some sort of interlock that's preventing the Front Only PTO from operating, or is this a problem with the PTO selector? The deck is off of course, but I believe the height adjustment is set to "Top".

By the way, the snowthrower is great! It's the "Binford 2000" of compact tractor snowthrowers; very pleased.

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK #2  
Mine operates like yours. The rear will work on its own, but if I use the front, the rear will spin as well. It kind of stinks because I like to keep my spreader on the back and the pto shaft always spins. i just unhook it and hook it up when needed.

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK #3  
I'm pretty sure the front will work alone on my BX2350. It sounds like a linkage problem to me.

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK
During the summer, I run the mower with the front pto only, and the rear doesn't spin. This is a new problem. I was wondering if there's an interlock or if its a linkage problem like you say.

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK #5  
Does the mid PTO not turn but the engine keeps going? If your engine quits when you select mid PTO only and then engage it, it indicates a safety interlock issue. If the engine keeps running, more likely a linkage issue. If it's the safety interlock, there's a switch that gets engaged by the PTO selector and it sometimes needs to be adjusted. You should be able to see it through the rear wheel fender opening to check.

/ No Front PTO, but Front/Rear OK
The engine keeps running and doesn't stall. It's been sitting in the cold garage since fall, so it's possible that something is frozen up. I will check as you suggest.