Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Get your yard ready for seeding with the Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer
Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer comes in a 48" and 60" and up. I'm thinking a 60" if my B2320 will pull it but I guess the 48" would do what I want with just a bit longer time. Which will the B2320 pull?
This will be to do my yard which is a bit lumpy then maybe sell or let it rust away in my back field.
I have a boxblade and a plow and a tiller but interested in this attachment soooo don't need recommendations of other attachments unless you have actual experience with this attachment and it didn't work and you got something different that wasn't a boxblade, plow or tiller.:)
Now if you have some other attachment besides a tiller, plow and/or boxblade that you feel you need to have me consider that your convinced will do a better job for leveling a yard and it's less money then please feel free to recommend it with price and where to find info.:thumbsup:

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #2  
Just trying to understand better - are you planning on running this over the existing sod, or doing something else to loosen it up first? I think that will make a difference on the 48" vs 60" question. Either way you will be dealing with pieces of sod that get dislodged - think you have a rake in your collection somewhere. More seat time :)

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #3  
That's a bit of a one trick pony. I'd only see value in that implement if you knew you needed to break up crusty organic soil for seeding (since the main point of the roller is to break up loose chunks). If the soil had clay, or was heavily compacted, I'd probably go with a box blade rippers followed by a rake or drag screen to smooth things out.

If the soil is in good condition, I'd simply run a plug aerator over it before seeding.

Now, a powered pulverizer is another story. Those are great if you need to scrub weeds or sod off the soil.

In all cases, beware of rotating implements in cases where you have wire grass, since you'll spend a lot of time unspooling it.

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #4  
I'd go with 48" to really use it effectively. The weight goes up quite a bit as you get wider with those units, especially if you go with dual rollers. The B2320 might lift the larger one ok, but handling it on any kind of a grade might be iffy.

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #5  
Just a thought? If you contact Ted at Everything Attachments, he will be more than willing to offer advice and suggestions. At least that is what the website states. Best of Luck.

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #6  
This is NOT for a yard with grass... I use mine for creating a nice seed bed in dirt after I've leveled and compacted the dirt. You'll want to: "till", flatten, compact, rough up (scratch the surface), seed, roll and water the heck out of it.

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320
Just trying to understand better - are you planning on running this over the existing sod, or doing something else to loosen it up first? I think that will make a difference on the 48" vs 60" question. Either way you will be dealing with pieces of sod that get dislodged - think you have a rake in your collection somewhere. More seat time :)
I want to level existing yard covered with grass. I do have a RatchetRake.
Just a thought? If you contact Ted at Everything Attachments, he will be more than willing to offer advice and suggestions. At least that is what the website states. Best of Luck.
I did email them for their opiinion of size
This is NOT for a yard with grass... I use mine for creating a nice seed bed in dirt after I've leveled and compacted the dirt. You'll want to: "till", flatten, compact, rough up (scratch the surface), seed, roll and water the heck out of it.
You guys are as bad as Steve Barlow (Owner of Barlows Tractor Sales) when I want to buy a piece of equipment from him and he starts asking questions of why I want it and then tells me it won't do what I'm wanting done as easy as I think I'm wanting to do it.:)
I have a Ferguson Overseeder to do all those final details but I'm just wanting to make my yard (about 3 acres) golf course smooth so I can fly over it when I mow and not be beat to death on the rough spots.:D
This piece of equipment looked like it would dig it, level it and beat the crap out of the dirt to seed it but alas I see that the current standing grass will be a problem. Looks like I'm back to the Boxblade to dig and level it, the tiller to pulverize it and then the RatchetRake to pull out the grass and then the Ferguson Overseeder to seed it. See, that's a lot of implements, which I have, to do a simple job that one piece of equipment should do, for under $1000.:)
Thanks each one of you for your input.:thumbsup:

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #8  
There always is Round Up to get rid of your grass first and then you can start fresh???????

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #9  
Whenever I have been working on getting a smooth seed bed for a lawn, I finish drag it with a old set of bed springs or a sideways railroad tie. The problem I had when tilling was that there was so much loose soil that the tractor left ruts deep enough that whatever I was dragging behind wouldn't cover up my tracks completely. The ruts were partially covered, but not totally. I used a King Quad to drag after tilling since it was so light weight. The other two times I did this it was with a simple disc. I just went over it a few times in different directions to loosen the top layer, and I could drag using my tractor just fine. Maybe a tiller set to a very shallow depth would be fine also. Once I dug may yard down 6-7 inches it was too late to dig it shallow so I never tried that. And your 2320 without a loader is much lighter then my B3030 with a loader and loaded tires, so your experience may be different. Either way - as you said, you will have sod to deal with.

The place I'm at now some some seriously rough spots. I tried rolling it when the ground was sopping wet, and didn't see much difference. I have threatened to rip it out and start over, but so far I just keep griping about it :).

/ Everything Attachments Yard Pulverizer 48" or 60" with B2320 #10  
Hello John Thomas,

Dont waste your money John Thomas!

Fortunately for you Steve Barlow is right on the
money with this attachment!!!!

I can tell you from experience the mechanics of
this thing will only bounce as it tries to dig in simply
from the attempt to drag over the sod in any case.

The grass roots of the sod are what the unit is
attempting to rip through and even weed sod will
prevent this from happening and heavy clay will
make it worse.

If you want to level your lawn and do it the right
way and purchase the smallest Sicma or other
brand Italian stone burrier from Ken Sweet.

A stone burier is roto tiller with hardened vertical tines
that break the rock as it tills and buries the rock and
heavy clods of dirt at the bottom of the tilling depth
and covers it with soil all at the same time.

Further the stone burier can be used in a garden just
like a tiller as it has an open cage roller to flatten and
pack the soil down lightly for planting(which is exacty
what you want to make new sod with heavy growth.

A 36-48 inch stone burrier will do this for you
with no questions asked.

Stone buriers are used to make new lawns and till
grapevine rows in steep and flat land vineyards to
keep the weeds down and break up rocks
that are pushed up by frost heaving.

If you buy a stone burrier you will have a forever
implement that you can use to make gardens and
flower beds as well.

I Do not know the first thing about these folks but
seeing the "You tube Video" with him in the skid steer loader
promoting his grapple attachment and moving the oversized log and falling forward into the center of his drainage ditch in "What not to do with your skid steer loader" which was staged obviously as the extended boom and LARGE log fell directly into the center of the ditch-lucky for him the log was long and he avoided a side tip over when it rolled into the center of the ditch.