BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!!

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #1  

cubowner

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
My BX24 started to spray antifreeze around the top hose right above the thermostat. So I replaced the thermostat, hose, clamp and gasket. I thought I had it licked, I was using the machine today to do some snow removal and I started to smell that sweet smell when antifreeze hits hot exhaust. I opened the hood and saw drips on the hose and the top of engine and hood. Not sure what else to do or even try. Any help would be appreciated.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #3  
Regarding leaking coolant on ur Bx24 ,if hose and clamp r ok check if leaking at thermostathousing gasket which u replaced. u may have warped thermostat housing . use a millsaw file to dress it or replace housing . use 2 gaskets or a thick gasket to make improvised repair. Check housing with straight edge for flatness. Any warpage can easily be seen by eyeor measured with feeler gauges. often hoses need to be retightened after a short time when hot . if above is not the problem check water pump seal 4 leakage. Hope it is minor good luck , cheers.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!!
I believe it is coming from the hose attaching to the thermostat housing. I keep retightening the clamp but every other use this happens. It seems like there is to much pressure and that is where it comes out. Im not sure what would cause this I don't think it's the water pump because of where I find the antifreeze

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #5  
Maybe your radiator cap is not releasing pressure the way it should, max pressure is usually 15 PSI.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #6  
I believe it is coming from the hose attaching to the thermostat housing. I keep retightening the clamp but every other use this happens.

I had a similar issue happen to me after I removed the lower radiator hose to drain the antifreeze. If you have the original clamp that came with the tractor, take a good look at the clamp and ensure the screw is mating up with the hole in the back. My original clamp wouldn't mate back up so I replaced it with an old fashion worm clamp.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #7  
Happened to my BX24 after a mechanic tore everything apart to replace a broken fan and wiring harness.

He had placed the clamp on the top hose _just above_ the actual fitting. It wasn't obvious, but once I moved the clamp so it was actually squeezing rubber onto metal things were fine.

I presume you've already eliminated anything that obvious. Just sayin...

Z.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #8  
Do you have a small hose securely hooked to the the overflow/overpressure fitting on the radiator filler neck?

If not, it could be simply burping a little coolant out of that fitting when the pressure builds and the spring loaded cap lets a little out. My tractor did that once and scared me until I figured it out...

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #9  
Make sure it is not the water pump. Often they will leak onto the backside of the pulley and then the coolant gets flung around plus the fan blows it all over making it very difficult to tell where the leak is.

/ BX24 Leaking antifreeze HELP!!! #10  
If the neck is long enough going into the hose you could also try double clamping it with 2 clamps side by side.