KUBOTA L4400 HST - ANY COMMENTS FROM OWNERS?

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST - ANY COMMENTS FROM OWNERS? #11  
Funny thing my pines appear to have same problem over last 10 years.

Ya Mountain Pine Beetle. 7 years ago I did not have a dead tree on the place, now all the pine is dead. Well about 90% of it any way. Our forest up here have seen an epidemic. We have hundreds of thousands of square miles of dead pine.

Loggers can't get it out of the bush fast enough. Once it dies it has a shelf life before it is no good for making lumber. Checks and cracks to bad. Once that happens it is pretty much useless except for chips or making wood pellets.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST - ANY COMMENTS FROM OWNERS? #12  
The grapple is about 6 1/2 feet wide and I can pick up about 8- 20 foot logs.

I'd have to see the L4400 do that to believe it. What size trees we talking about?

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST - ANY COMMENTS FROM OWNERS? #13  
I now have almost 90 hours on my L4400 HST and I too love it. Just some concerns about road driving--in high range the tractor bogs down on hills. I guess I could just keep it in mid range. I was a little concerned about damage to the tranny at first when this happened, but everything appears to be fine. Lesson learned. I use the L4400 for mowing, snow removal (with the bucket/loader), tilling (6' tiller) and anything else I can find. Just added a couple hooks to the loader bucket for chain grapples. No complaints!

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST - ANY COMMENTS FROM OWNERS? #14  
Regarding the dead pines--I read somewhere that an insecticide used by landscapers is causing this phenom.