Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST

Default LA524 Power

Hello all, new to the site and fairly new owner of a L3200 4x4 with the LA524 FEL, HST, R4's(soon to have the rears loaded). Quit a tractor I must start off by saying but like some, I get use to what it has and want a little more. I was reading a post on here about a fella comparing the 514 to the 524. Another guy chimed in and said the 463 is basically a 524 and that the preasure on the 524 can be turned up. To make a long story short I came up with a gauge and turned the preasure bolt on the bottom of the unit "almost" a half a turn and let me tell ya......seems like a totally different FEL now. I've been clearing some brush on the 8 acres we just bought and this little mod if you will, will help out. I'm keeping my eyes on things and hopfully I won't see anything out of the norm that would make me turn it back to the original setting. This might not be anything new but just thought I'd share. Have a good one...

Tractor
    B3200, L5740,

Default Re: LA524 Power

Quote Originally Posted by jewing3227 View Post
    Hello all, new to the site and fairly new owner of a L3200 4x4 with the LA524 FEL, HST, R4's(soon to have the rears loaded). Quit a tractor I must start off by saying but like some, I get use to what it has and want a little more. I was reading a post on here about a fella comparing the 514 to the 524. Another guy chimed in and said the 463 is basically a 524 and that the preasure on the 524 can be turned up. To make a long story short I came up with a gauge and turned the preasure bolt on the bottom of the unit "almost" a half a turn and let me tell ya......seems like a totally different FEL now. I've been clearing some brush on the 8 acres we just bought and this little mod if you will, will help out. I'm keeping my eyes on things and hopfully I won't see anything out of the norm that would make me turn it back to the original setting. This might not be anything new but just thought I'd share. Have a good one...
    What did you turn it up too?
    L5740 LA854 loader
    L3130 LA723 loader sold
    B3200 LA504 loader
    B1550 sold
    B2620 sold
    B4200 sold
    F2680E
    GF1800
    Kubota RTV900
    JD 850D Gator sold
    JD F935 x 2 sold
    Case 590SM-2
    JD 310D TLB
    Ford 555D sold
    Gehl 602 excavator

Tractor
    L2800.

Quote Originally Posted by jewing3227 View Post
    ..said the 463 is basically a 524 and that the pressure on the 524 can be turned up....
    First, Welcome to TBN... secondly, I pretty sure they are the same in terms of what they can lift. They are just "measured" in different spots, thus, different numbers.

Both can be turned up... AND both can break if they are turned up too much. You might need to replace front axle seals and what not, too.

You said you had a gauge? What did you turn it up to? Again, Welcome to Tractorbynet

PS... Make sure you have enough ballast on the 3 point hitch!

Tractor
    Kubota L3800

I have the fel and I would like to know what you was truning?
    My dad told me “that rock as more sense than you do”. Well guess what dad, That rock ant there no more.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Same fel.
    My dad told me “that rock as more sense than you do”. Well guess what dad, That rock ant there no more.

Tractor
    kubota L3800

Welcome aboard
    Just wondering where is this adjustment bolt located exactly.
    What was the factory pressure set at and what did you turn it up to?
    If you had a few pics that would be awesome.
    I also have that same loader so i'm curious about how its done.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L 3800, Austin Western Pacer 100

jewing3227,

Please explain a little more about this adjustment you made. Is it on the hydraulic control valve or elsewhere?

I'm familiar with the L3800, which I thought had the same hydraulics as the L3200. If so there is no relief valve in the hydraulic control valve. The relief valve is located under the right floorboard, just behind and attached to the aluminum block where the FEL hoses attach. A 22mm or 7/8" socket fits the threaded cap located on the bottom of the block. It's adjusted by shims.

Mac

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L 3800, Austin Western Pacer 100

Oops, got wrapped up in typing the last post.

Welcome to the board.

Mac

Tractor
    L2800.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in PA View Post
    It's adjusted by shims...
    I was able to adjust mine just by tighten up the bolt... Careful to not Strip out the threads... THAT will be costly!!! I only bump up 150 lbs. and 53 psi over the recommended max PSI. of 2347.

Look at the link in my Signature, third post down. Make sure you know what PSI your dealing with or else you can bust your hoses and could damage your pump. It did make my FEL very sensitive/responsive and I'm sure if you have a jerky hitch, it will put more strain on the top link... I reinforced my top link.
    Last edited by teg; 01-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800 HST

His dealer may have been like mine. They overshim the regulator and then set the pressure by adjusting the fitting and letting the o-ring seal it and hold it in place. I had enough adjustment from the dealer to hit 3300psi. I actually removed two shims, bottomed the fitting, and am running at 2650psi and have been for over a year. It is a good idea to have a gauge and check it prior to and after adjusting. In a previous post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...-l3400-15.html it was described in detail how it is done. It seems several of the units are set a little low from the factory. Also since you are dealing with a metal spring. it will fatigue and the loader will loose some capacity over time.
    2007 L2800HST, R4's, Rear 3-Point Lever, LA463 FEL W/Shortened Loader lever, Rhino 160 mower, Armstrong Ag box blade, Armstrong Ag rake,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast