L3400 heavy duty rear blade

/ L3400 heavy duty rear blade #1  

jenrow33

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
Hi Guys. I have had an el cheapo rear blade from TSC for a few years now and have bent it up a bit using it to do dirt work on my long drive. I would like to get a heavy duty angle/tilt/offset blade that is 72" wide. I looked at the Land Pride RB3572 in the catalog but wonder if this is too much blade for my L3400? What would my limitations be for this blade with my tractor? Does anyone have this combination?

Thanks

/ L3400 heavy duty rear blade
Nothing?

Thanks anyway guys. I have found a lot of good advice on here.

/ L3400 heavy duty rear blade #3  
I've not used this blade but I don't think it is too much. I see specs are 6 foot width, 484 lbs, 35-80HP rating. The weight is not a problem lifting, and beneficial for blade performance. Looks like a real nice rear blade.

There are a couple topics in the Attachments forum for this particular blade and it seems well regarded.

/ L3400 heavy duty rear blade #4  
Have you check out Woods72...all the same thrills.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
   / L3400 heavy duty rear blade #6  
I got a KK used for $400. It is a 7' blade and is a good match, allthough a 6' would probabally be better. But thats the issue with used, ya get what ya get.

Now before you start rolling your eyes, this isnt a TSC KK cheapo blade.

This things weighs 700lbs and is indestructable behind a L3400.

And the best part too, is that it provides sufficent FEL ballast when doing dirt work. And we all know FEL and rear blade for dirt work go hand in hand, and a 300lb blade just doesnt cut it.

And it is probabally the most affordable HD blade you can find. I have no complaints. It has the tilt feature as well like you mention too.

Heres a link

King Kutter Heavy Duty Rear Blades

Take a good look. You'd be hard pressed to find a heavier duty 6' blade without spending a small fortune.

/ L3400 heavy duty rear blade
Thanks all