New BX2360

/ New BX2360 #1  

H Badger

I am a new owner of a BX2360 thanks to all the info I got from this site. With cash the difference between the 18 and the23 was about $400 bucks so that was a no brainer for me. I also got the easy on teeth bar and the forks for the FEL, 60鋳 MMM and a cut down an old back blade. Did have some issues with water in the fuel from the dealer and this is my question; I ran the tractor for about 5 hrs with water in the tank did it hurt anything? I知 glad it was cold outside and froze /blocked the filters so I didn稚 run as much as I would in the summer if you understand what I mean. Other than the bad start it is a great little machine and with wheel weights and back blade the FEL is solid and is a real back saver. Also I want a small hook on the bucket but I don't want to weld or bolt / harm the factory paint; could I weld a hook on a pair if vise grips ( also add about 6'' of metal for surport) and would that hold for light duty usage? that way I can move it around or just take it off.

/ New BX2360 #4  
Welcome to TBN.:thumbsup:

/ New BX2360 #5  
Welcome aboard. In regards to your inquiry concerning the arrangement with a hook and vise grips on the FEL, it might work with a relatively light load, but I personally would not rely on it. It is inevitable that by using your tractor, it will receive cosmetic scratches;etc. , even for tasks that a homeowner requires. BTW, Congratulations.

/ New BX2360 #6  
BXpanded makes detachable hook, but they are pricey.

/ New BX2360 #7  
BXpanded makes detachable hook, but they are pricey.

Trying to clamp on a hook with vise grips would not be something I'd recommend. I think it may bend the bucket lip fairly easily, or worse be a safety risk as it would be difficult to know just how much you could lift and trust with it.

I have the bucket hooks that TripleR mentioned - two of the grab hooks and one of the slip hooks. They install with no modification to your bucket and are constructed so that they don't put a bunch of pressure on the bucket lip edge itself. They have worked out well for me. As mentioned, they aren't cheap...

Congrats on the new tractor!!

/ New BX2360
Thanks; I know they make removable hooks but they are out of my range, I was just thinking light duty with about 6鋳 of metal on both sides of the lip. I have used the slip on tooth bar and it痴 great, even works like a hook. I made a weed puller that uses a small chain and with the bucket I can pull thumb sized brush with ease, so I値l try the hook idea and let you know how it works. Also for a tool box I put a magnetic tray on the rear fender and this works great for all the little things like clips and pruners and for some reason it stays put. So thanks for the input and the info I needed to get into the BX2360.

/ New BX2360
I guess I don’t care where you seat me. Why don't they put horns on tractors?